Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where it ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after seeing the Wolfs Rain set out on EZDVD I have to ask what everyones take on EZDVD is so far I never have gotten a EZ set yet I had previously ranking my fav ones to buy from
FX
MAC
ADV
Anime Studios

regardless if you like wolfs rain or not what do you all think of the EZDVD releases so far?
I like how you put ADV in your list. If Vicious would see that he'd go nuts. Comparing his beloved company to a HK company :p

I haven't seen any EZ release yet so I can't comment. I believe their old releases are the exact same as FX but no idea on the new ones. They better start pumping out some perfect collections soon if they want my money cause I'm getting used to watching subs in fansubs I dl (Hajime no Ippo fucking ROCKS BTW).
Hmmmmm I didn't kow that about ADV I have gotten a few of their sets from other sites that specialize in HKs. + it doesent help that there is a few companies that sell the releases Bandi is a good example that have such a strangle hold on the market you almost forget there is other companies that have their foot in the door
ADV has more than a foor in the door in the R1 anime market. I don't know the figures but I'm almost sure they're the biggest company as far as number of different shows they release goes.
Ya... ADV is way bigger (and better imo) than bandai. That's kinda funny. That's like calling geneon a hk company.
You should see how the market is up in area's like were I live right now with what is getting sold in stores. Northern MN is were I live and you go to Target, and Best Buy the only 2 places up here that carry anime up here everything is eather Sunrise, Bandai, Viz or Sonypictures. They have a definate stranglehold on the market here at least. The only way I see other brands is through the internet shopping so thats why I had that comparison I had made
I'm over in Fargo pretty close to where you live and they carry pretty much everything, but they do carry more adv than anything else.
I am in Duluth Cidien we are kind of hop and skip next door but for some reason its like a vortex with everything be it anime, music ect ect. Good example of how sheltered it is up here. The city here wont allow almost any electronic music on the radio or shows. then also better example the Gorillaz released their CD Demon Days 3-4 months ago the radio stations here just last week started playing the first track from the CD claiming it was an exclusive brand new release
I love Geneon because their limited edition stuff are always awesome, dont get me wrong, ADV has awesome stuff too. BUt Geneon puts out a lot more effort into their products. For Example: Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi Releases: came with limited edition figures, their appleseed 2004 movie release was kick @ss, Chobits limited set with stationery, etc. too many to list. For ADV the release that caught my attention the most was the Peacemaker release with manga. Plus the down thing about ADV is their boxes, my dnangel box is like the thing cardboard one which sucks, cause it gets damage easier. I like the hard sorta thick boxes like ANgelic Layer. Those are nice. ^_^
Mantis421 Wrote:after seeing the Wolfs Rain set out on EZDVD I have to ask what everyones take on EZDVD is so far I never have gotten a EZ set yet I had previously ranking my fav ones to buy from
FX
MAC
ADV
Anime Studios

regardless if you like wolfs rain or not what do you all think of the EZDVD releases so far?

I haven't bought anything from EZDVD yet, well, actually I have but I haven't had the chance to watch it. I ordered the Wolf's Rain set from JJ last Tuesday so it hasn't arrived yet. Although there aren't any reviews available for this set yet I decided to risk it and take the plunge, someone has to be the first buyer. If you'd like I can tell you if it's good or not once I get a chance to watch it.
Kiruyuki Wrote:I love Geneon because their limited edition stuff are always awesome, dont get me wrong, ADV has awesome stuff too. BUt Geneon puts out a lot more effort into their products. For Example: Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi Releases: came with limited edition figures, their appleseed 2004 movie release was kick @ss, Chobits limited set with stationery, etc. too many to list. For ADV the release that caught my attention the most was the Peacemaker release with manga. Plus the down thing about ADV is their boxes, my dnangel box is like the thing cardboard one which sucks, cause it gets damage easier. I like the hard sorta thick boxes like ANgelic Layer. Those are nice. ^_^

ADV and mangas to date I?ve found 2 like that Peacemaker as you mentioned and Cromartie. They do need to stop making those soft boxes though like DNAngel?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I haven't bought anything from EZDVD yet, well, actually I have but I haven't had the chance to watch it. I ordered the Wolf's Rain set from JJ last Tuesday so it hasn't arrived yet. Although there aren't any reviews available for this set yet I decided to risk it and take the plunge, someone has to be the first buyer. If you'd like I can tell you if it's good or not once I get a chance to watch it.

I also ordered my first EZDVD sets last Tuesday. (I think JJ had listed 5 sets that just came in and I ended up ordering 4 of them. This was my first order from I-A in about 6 months.) Can't wait to see the quality. I expect great things from these guys. Keeping the fingers crossed that my order will be here in the next couple of days so that I can watch them this weekend. Oh...the excitement!!!! Big Grin
(I really have to learn to grow up. Wink )
What really doesnt make sense is that ADV charges 39.99 (RETAIL) for a dvd with box i think. But I think they should charge less for those thin boxes IMO. I would gladly pay $40 for the hard boxes, but I don't think so on those thin ones :eek: . *I know that the dvd with artboxes are cheaper at best buy and ebay and stuff, I was just making an example with retail prices.*

Puppet Master Wrote:ADV and mangas to date I?ve found 2 like that Peacemaker as you mentioned and Cromartie. They do need to stop making those soft boxes though like DNAngel?
Strong Bad 2000 Wrote:I Oh...the excitement!!!! Big Grin
(I really have to learn to grow up. Wink )

That makes two of us! I'm like a little child with a new toy when I get new anime or manga! Big Grin
Kiruyuki Wrote:What really doesnt make sense is that ADV charges 39.99 (RETAIL) for a dvd with box i think. But I think they should charge less for those thin boxes IMO. I would gladly pay $40 for the hard boxes, but I don't think so on those thin ones :eek: . *I know that the dvd with artboxes are cheaper at best buy and ebay and stuff, I was just making an example with retail prices.*

I know what you mean the cheap boxes like that are more or less worthless.