Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Kagen no Tsuki - Last Quarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently watched this great movie called Kagen No Tsuki - Last Quarter based on the manga with the same name created by the fabulous Ai Yazawa. The movie is very faithful to the manga. There are some changes but they don't really alter the main story. It's a supernatural romance/drama with a magnificent gothic/punk atmosphere typical of Ai Yazawa. One of the main actors is Hyde (lead singer of L'Arc en Ciel) who despite not speaking much (even if his character in the manga does) and not being a blue eyed blonde, fits the part of Adam perfectly. The main actress is Chiaki Kuriyama the girl who played Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill vol. 1.
One of the best things of this movie is the song "The Cape of Storms" Hyde created specificaly for the movie. According to the manga it had to be a sad, deep and very intense music. Hyde created one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard, simply fabulous, it's one of those songs with a soul of their own.
Anyway, I'd just like to suggest this song and this movie to anyone who likes Japanese cinema and music because they're both very good. Of course the manga is also a must read as well as all of the other amazing manga created by Ai Yazawa.

If you want to download "The Cape of Storms" you can do so here: http://waka-laka.com/music/