Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Need help buying anime soundtracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never bought anime soundtrack cd's before and want to make sure that whatever I buy online will not be a copy/bootleg. An R1 dvd is probably the the official release dvd, not a HK bootleg... is there a similar concept I can use to spot bootleg cd's? It seems like all the cd's I find on ebay or other websites say they are imported, which to me could mean the official release cd or a bootleg. Also, let me know if you've used any sites that offer anime cd's at a good price and the cd's they sell are the official release. Thanks for your help.
Most of the boots are Son May CD's. They normally have a little SM logo on them. Try look for that. Nearly all the CDs on ebay are boots. Best buy from a well known retailer.
Ohhh, thanks for the info. I'm having a hard time finding a well known retailer that sells the gravitation and gto cd's Sad I wish I could just buy it online instead of going to the mall but that seems to be the best thing I can do right now.
Do you have a media play around you? Ours sells a bunch of anime cds. They cost a crapload though.
No media play near where I live. The mall near me only has a Fye and a Sam Goody, and there weren't that much anime cd's Sad Didn't find gravitation or gto there. I think I'll have to go to nyc somewhere and look for them.
well cookiejarvideo.com has cd's but i dont know if they are r1 release you could ask em i've bought cd's and they work find and are good and all tho.
CJV sells bootlegs for more than you can get em on ebay usually.
Well, http://www.animecornerstore.com/animecdroms.html sells legitimate stuff, it is where I got my Heat Guy J OST. The only problem is I have also wanted to get the GTO OST, but it doesn't have any of the intros or endings for some reason. So I never checked it out. But they are a legit site and I have bought from them with satisfaction.
Yes, animecornerstore.com is a great place to buy legitimate soundtracks. But since you are looking for gravitation soundtracks and gto. I suggest you either buy the legit japanese import one because right now there is no American release of gravitation soundtracks. If the japanese import ones are too expensive, then just go with the sonmay or alion bootleg versions. You can also check http://www.cdjapan.co.jp they sell real japanese anime cds. and they are legit. I bought from them b4 and was very satisfied. But looking at a legit japanese import, you are looking around 25-30 dollars a cd, maybe even more lol.
Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it Smile I was able to find both gravitation and gto at cdjapan. I want the authentic imports.. even though GTO is costing me $27, I don't mind since I love the shows. Blight, I think I found the one with the opening and ending songs. Here's link.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-1405
Wow, that's nuts. But i'm glad you found what you are looking for.