Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Names for 4Kids' "Yu-Gi-Oh GX" dub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
onizuka17711 Wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks Pokemon is...for 7 year olds?

I think I was like 13 when I got into it. I checked it out because it was anime an at the time I was watching/reading Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2 and the usual uk titles. I thought it was cheesy but the games were good and I liked it for a bit. I might watch the odd fansub now or something but that's about it. Still a nice show for kids to watch though.
I don't deny it. I spent HOURS on pokemon red. such a great game... then it went downhill after silver/gold and finally on to ruby. I bought silver and ruby but i almost didnt finish silver and stopped halfway through ruby... ah well. another $40 wasted lol
The games are RPG's s i always loved red and blue. Never played any of the others though. But they were fun, innocent and engaging RPG's at a time when there were very few on the GB. It is just good that very few elements of the shows characters or attitude are apparent in the game, otherwise, I would probably hate the game as well.

But in reference to the show. it is what made me not even want to try to watch any anime for a long time. DBZ was the only anime I liked until I saw Yu Yu Hakusho on adult swim. Then my opinion changed about anime. But Pokemon and Digimon and Monster Ranchers and any of those other shitty shows that they would play on fox family and on Saturday mornings really warped my perception of anime for a very, very long time.
Blight Wrote:and any of those other shitty shows that they would play on fox family and on Saturday mornings really warped my perception of anime for a very, very long time.

True but they also boosted the anime industry alot and it wouldn't of been as big today if it wern't for those shows (as much as people don't like to admit it Smile).
gubi-gubi Wrote:True but they also boosted the anime industry alot and it wouldn't of been as big today if it wern't for those shows (as much as people don't like to admit it Smile).

Yes, unfortunately, you are correct. But we would have got there eventually, and maybe with a little more respect to the entertainment branch than it gets now. I still here people call them cartoons.:mad:
Blight Wrote:Yes, unfortunately, you are correct. But we would have got there eventually, and maybe with a little more respect to the entertainment branch than it gets now. I still here people call them cartoons.:mad:

Yup I hear that too all the time from my family...
Blight Wrote:DBZ was the only anime I liked until I saw Yu Yu Hakusho on adult swim. Then my opinion changed about anime.

Yu Yu Hakusho kinda sucked on CN cuz they edited out practically everything that was funny. =P

And my family still can't get past the fact that they are animated cartoons... I should really show them gants...
Cidien Wrote:Yu Yu Hakusho kinda sucked on CN cuz they edited out practically everything that was funny. =P

Not when it was adult swim. It ws part of thier line up before AS got cool. There were only a few minor edits on there; still plenty of cussing and blood. I saw it there first, but it disappeared and I was pissed off. Then it resurfaced on Toonami HEAVILY edited. I made sure to get the uncut eps and see them after that.
Blight Wrote:Not when it was adult swim. It ws part of thier line up before AS got cool. There were only a few minor edits on there; still plenty of cussing and blood. I saw it there first, but it disappeared and I was pissed off. Then it resurfaced on Toonami HEAVILY edited. I made sure to get the uncut eps and see them after that.

HEAVILY edited is right the differences were clear when I ended up seeing The DT uncut I was shocked by the number of differences. Damn CN and their toonami crap...
Cidien Wrote:And my family still can't get past the fact that they are animated cartoons... I should really show them gants...

That kind of worked in my favor when I was a kid. The manga I was reading was border line obscene for someone of my age then lol. Crying Freeman springs to mind. I was also watching stuff like Geno Cyber at like 9 or 10 but it was easyer to just say I was watching cartoons or reading kids comics lol.
lol if my mom ever saw half the stuff I watched she would totally flip out. now my dad on the other hand, would want to sit down and watch it himself XD Big Grin
vegeta76 Wrote:lol if my mom ever saw half the stuff I watched she would totally flip out. now my dad on the other hand, would want to sit down and watch it himself XD Big Grin

LOL.

BIBLE BLACK!!!

Some members of my youth group (from church) came over to my house for some reason one time a few years ago and saw the case to Vol 3 Origins sitting out and asked what it was. Boy did I come up with a whopper to cover that one.
rofl XD
I'd be interested to know what you told them lol Big Grin
Blight Wrote:LOL.

BIBLE BLACK!!!

Some members of my youth group (from church) came over to my house for some reason one time a few years ago and saw the case to Vol 3 Origins sitting out and asked what it was. Boy did I come up with a whopper to cover that one.
Bible Black was so weird :p ...but then, a lot of hentais are, but that one messed with my head the most :p .
onizuka17711 Wrote:Bible Black was so weird :p ...but then, a lot of hentais are, but that one messed with my head the most :p .

lol your the same age I am. technically we arent even allowed to watch this stuff XD
but ya, I havent seen it personally, though i should look into it lol.
is it really as nasty/weird as everyone says it is? :confused:
Pages: 1 2 3