Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Mi Perfect Collection!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
bmvtoys Wrote:as far as i can tell thats not a MI release. AV and MI are no longer the same company since a bust last year. if its an AV box, then its possible that MI will release it improved, or at least in a different box.

B

Don't you mean AC instead of AV in this post. You said AV instead of AC. So does it mean that AV,AC, and MI are the same companies before they split up ?
I would know the difference because im MI direct. MI and AV split about a year ago, due to HK busts (which really didnt hit the press).

They may have been the same company, but now are 2 differnt companies all together, much like EZDVD and FX. B
Anime cartoon is definitely MI. MI used to use both MI and AC logos 2-3 years ago but dropped AC brand some time ago. That's why some stores still list MI titles as AC. AV is a different matter. They used different-looking cases and did their own thing. Maybe AV is making 12 kingdoms, maybe there is no new 12 kingdoms...who knows.
OMG I HATE THOSE MI LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol anyways
Cyrus Wrote:OMG I HATE THOSE MI LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol anyways

Everyone does lol
I hate them too, which is why I replaced the M-locks with replacement plastic hubs. They look great, you can barely tell I changed them. But most importantly, it keeps DVDs in place without being a hassle to remove. The old M-locks pop out easily, and the replacement ones just need some slight trimming before being 'implanted' into the gatefold. Nothing too complex, just peel off the adhesive backing when ur ready, and it's all good.

[Image: plastic_hubs_comparison.jpg]

[Image: plastic_hubs_replaced.jpg]

Here's where I bought the hubs, the price can't be beat.
https://www.effectuality.com/store/item..../us/lng/en
how do u remove the m-locks. i tried, it wouldnt budge........
That is a cool picture of char. I wonder if there's a wall scroll with that picture on it. =P
Kiruyuki Wrote:how do u remove the m-locks. i tried, it wouldnt budge........

I've noticed that the M-locks don't fit THAT tightly. Push the entire M-lock in one direction, that should open up a small crevice on the opposite edge. Take something thin and pointy (small eyeglass flathead screwdriver), and stick it into the small crevice, and gently pry. When one of the M-lock's small tabs snap free, you can completely remove it from the gatefold by hand (or with tweezers if your hands are too big). You should be able to remove the M-lock without damaging the lock itself, nor the gatefold. The M-lock is rather soft, so it has a certain flexibility that makes it easy to remove.

Hope that helps.
it is my understanding that MI is looking to get new cases to cut down on shipping costs. Prolly the same ones that EZ is using now. B
Well, upon further investigation (and a very long conversation with MI), they are releasing this set. BUT, the one in that picture is not the MI box. The call numbers for the MI box are *E0231 *12 Kokuki (1~6 End). 6 Disk, not sure how many the last one is. My contact within MI has told me that they will be ready very soon to ship, but they want to double check the product just in case there are errors.

Brian
Im going to borrow this R1 set from my friend. is it a good series :confused:

*LE
LE, long time no see. Welcome back man. Happy posting.
Pages: 1 2