Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Paypal question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard that if you do a chargeback through credit card because of a dispute, the paypal will freeze your account. If that happens, is it possible to open another paypal account with same name and address?
Probably just use a different credit card. Change the first name too if that doesn't work.
I don't know about that. If you change any part of name, I would think that the credit card wouldn't register.
The name thing I said was stupid, just change the credit card. I think I have my dads old expired credit card on my account. It only still works cuz my bank account is connected to it lol.
hbk101 Wrote:I heard that if you do a chargeback through credit card because of a dispute, the paypal will freeze your account. If that happens, is it possible to open another paypal account with same name and address?

I had to do that some time ago with my Pay Pal account... and no, they didn't freeze my account... now if that has changed in the last year or so I don't know... I do know that you have more time with your credit card to do something like that, it is 2 months or so... whereas with Pay Pal or Ebay, you have to do it between 30 to 45 days or so if I remember correctly... Pay Pal usually prefers you do the dispute thru Ebay if that is where you bought your items instead of thru them.... but that was some time ago as well... might be different since Ebay owns Pay Pal now... laugh...
"Paypal is a pain in the A-- " , they can freeze your account for just about any reason, but i did dispute a charge , they have a form for that on their account- where they hold the charge and notify the seller that your disputing the charge, and they set a communication between the two parties- ive done it a couple of times and it worked out to a fair resolution- took a while but it did work - you cant really talk to anyone or email anyone their , which really sucks - kinda impersonnal , but hey -Just wish importanime had a way to accept Visa or Mastercard without using paypal - i would really like that ! I really hate working with Paypal !
I'm to freaked out by http://paypalsucks.com to go though paypal at all...
Mot_Soldats Wrote:I'm to freaked out by http://paypalsucks.com to go though paypal at all...
Paypal is a lot nicer than any other payment method I can think of. Regardless of whatever you may of read, it is worth while to try anyway.
Im really not sure why you like paypal ? either youve only used it a few times or never had a dispute or problem with it . in most cases its not bad , but if you have any problem with it -they can freeze your account - and give you unheard of problems-- their impossible to get a hold off , slow to respond- and they really dont care if your happy-- Ive had a bad transaction with them, Personnally think they suck for the most part - would never consider them for my own site . If you like them, give it some time- youll be joining the paypal sucks club.
puzzleguy Wrote:Im really not sure why you like paypal ? either youve only used it a few times or never had a dispute or problem with it . in most cases its not bad , but if you have any problem with it -they can freeze your account - and give you unheard of problems-- their impossible to get a hold off , slow to respond- and they really dont care if your happy-- Ive had a bad transaction with them, Personnally think they suck for the most part - would never consider them for my own site . If you like them, give it some time- youll be joining the paypal sucks club.
I use it to pay for everything. The staff is, at least for me, quick to respond and always very helpful. Any problem tht I've ever had, they've quickly resolved; I cannot recommend them enough. I'm thinking you had one bad issue with them, and now hate Paypal for no reason. Oh well, your loss Rolleyes ...
Onizuka, you ever sell stuff on ebay or anything and use paypal? As a buyer I have no real problems with paypal, but as a seller they really piss me off. As a buyer they really cater to me and if I wanted to I could even rip off many sellers (like what happened to me once). As a seller they don't seem to give a crap what happens with my transactions on my side.

Also, NEVER get paypal buyer credit. I thought it would be a decent way to build up a little credit. When I signed up and read very carefully they stated pretty clearly that you could make online paypments. They didn't really go into detail though, but considering it was owned by paypal I assumed you could use your paypal balance to pay your buyer credit balance. Makes sense right? Right. However paypal is retarded. Not only do they not accept payment that way but you must have a checking account. (something I didn't even have to confirm with them when I used it) When it came time to pay I had to call someone that didn't speak english worth a crap to find out the online payments meant giving them a routing number and checking account number over the phone. So I did this.

A couple days later I check my account and I see a $10 bill left of my account. Now i'm wondering wtf they did now. I had to call again and talk to yet another customer service reprisentitive that seemed to have very recently made the trek over from Mexico. (How the hell do these people get customer service jobs when they can't speak english!) I eventually understood that the online payment includes an extra $10 charge to pay that way and that you can't even add that extra $10 in the payment you make. What does this mean? You MUST have checks and send them a check. Well, I don't have checks. I only have a checking account for online payments, I never use them in town.

After much argueing and speaking to a manager that spoke english I could at least understand I was told i'd be given a $10 refund on my account. When nothing happened I called again a week later. Once again a new customer service rep that couldn't speak english worth a crap. Surprise. After a minute or so of trying to understand this person I asked for a manager who told me they had no record of my previous conversation...

After more argueing I got this guy to give me a $10 refund so that I wouldn't have to go buy checks so I could pay $10 I was already pretty much getting ripped off. After a few more days of nothing happening I called again and talked to another new customer service rep. Wanna take a bet on how well they spoke english? This time their company was just taking a long ass time and a note was on there to credit my account $10. A few hours later (guess calling hurried them up) I now had a credit of $10 instead of owing them $10 lol. I thought that was pretty funny. At this point I didn't wanna even try to spend that $10, I just wanted to get the hell out. Well now I get "bills" in the mail that let me know I have a $10 credit every month lol.

In short, paypal can suck balls.
I dunno all your stories are alot better then mine. Paypal froze my account cuz a guy with the same name as me in the same city owes paypal money. They locked my account one day and it said I needed to add a credit card to verify who I was. So after 2 months of getting a credit card (cuz I didn't have one) I added it. Afterwards it said I needed to pay outstanding funds. I owed NOTHING on my account. I called them up and she said that I had other accounts.. i was like WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? I then asked... uhhh what's the username and email?? She said, "I'm sorry I can't tell you that." Anyways she wants me to login to these other accounts and pay the balance. Paypal is the stupidest most selfish fucks I can imagine. And I bet they do hire cheap ass illegal aliens to work because the customer service is a bunch of assholes not willing to help AT ALL! Unless ofcourse you're spanish and speak it. Anyways over the period of a month through email and calling them up repeatedly I found out that aparently I have two addresses in this city and one address is on the other account LMAO!!! My account has now been locked for about 8 months and I guess as long as I live in the same city/zipcode as this other guy or as long as he doesn't pay paypal what he owes them, then I can never use paypal again.

Thanks to these fuckin bitches I can't sell a goddam thing online since everyone is so obsessed with using these cheap inconsiderate illegal alien hiring fucktards of a company for money transfers!

Now you guys have a reason to feel better about your paypal experiences knowing how bad these bitches will fuck you in the ass. (It's a damn good thing I withdrew my funds from paypal a week before, all except for $5 I would have used to pay ebay listing fees with, which will now be forever held by paypal)
If you like Paypal thats fine for you, Ive been looking to open a vender account ( not paypal but a normal MC/VISA Merchant internet account )- and besides my problems ( which are not as bad as problems others have had ) I think youd have to be nuts to think there great ( Paypal ), they can lock up your account for little or no reason, and are impossible to contact - check out their site for phone numbers, email address etc. -- there their but not real easy to find - im not going to keep running with this paypal thing , If you like them I wish you well, and please say hi to the tooth fairy for me !Big Grin
Cidien Wrote:In short, paypal can suck balls.
No offense, but you're known to be rather...impatient with refunds...so I can't really take your word on it...

I suppose that's where our differences are, then, cause I just use Paypal to buy, not sell.
onizuka17711 Wrote:No offense, but you're known to be rather...impatient with refunds...so I can't really take your word on it...

I suppose that's where our differences are, then, cause I just use Paypal to buy, not sell.

Wtf are you talking about.

1) What does paypal sucks balls have to do with being impatient about refunds... whatever it is you're referring to.

2) Wtf are you talking about.
Pages: 1 2