Import Anime Forums

Full Version: anime magazine subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELLO!!

I am interested in joining some anime magazine subscriptions and was wondering if anyone knows of any good one's to join...(that are in english)

and please send links or tell me where online to find to subscribe....

Let me know which are out there..... Thank you very much..^_^
newtype is really good but its kinda pricy
Yeah! newtype-usa is good I bought one because it looked eyecatching...I am getting shojobeat a new magazine by viz...
Hmm,I looked up newtype and it looked good I may sign up for it..^_^

I wish I knew of other ones I would like to sign up to a few..
Another one that looks good is anime insider...

you can get a good deal on subscription at amazon $18.00 for 12 issues
WOW thats cheap lol i think 12 issues of newtype are like 88 or somn but considering you get posters cards and free episodes and stuff like that (at least i got a disk with 2 fmp episodes on it) then its totally worth it.

That and they do a good job with what they are reviewing ussually and they dont focus super heavy on little kid anime like yugioh or digimon or just popular stuff like DBZ and whatnot
*hugs his latest issue of Newtype as it shows up in the mail today*

I loves me some Newtype. It is pricey, but the DVD makes it really worthwhile from time to time (most recent issue has three full episodes, including Samurai 7 episode 1). Also, the magazine quality, writing and production-wise, is heads and shoulders above the rest. Is so shiiiiiny.

Seriously, it's practically worth it for all the full-color, glossy papered artwork alone.
I'm sorry, but I just can't see spending 88 bucks for a magazine subscription. But I won't tell some else how to spend their money if they think it is worth it.
Shoot!! I am signing myself up for newtype as soon as I start my new job and have extra cash.I love me some anime subscriptions..bwahaahaa

but yeah! it is a bit much but I'm hooked...^_^
I don't recommend getting magazine subscriptions. I used to buy Animerica Extra and overnight VIZ dropped the magazine and began publishing shojobeat. This meant I had to buy the series featured in Animerica Extra from the beginning, not to mention all the series they dropped along the way. Talk about a waste of money!! I've seen this happen far too many times to want to do it again. The only magazine I'm buying at the moment is Super Manga Blast and only because I've been buying it since no 1. If Dark Horse decides to pull the plug on this one I'll never buy magazines again.