Import Anime Forums

Full Version: SVCD Digisubs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I got my DVD player I was really disappointed to find that it did not play SVCDs.

But I'm just discovering that there is a way to trick my DVD player into thinking that it is playing a VCD when it is actually playing a SVCD.

http://www.geocities.com/newestmoviesencode/dvdvcd

I had been looking for someone who could burn digisubs onto DVD-R for me because I have a 56k modem and can't download digisubs myself. Even if I did have a faster internet connection, I don't have a CD-R burner.

I couldn't find anyone to burn digisubs onto DVD-R but now that I know I can play SVCDs, maybe I can find someone to help me with that.

If you think you may be able to help me, let me know.

Of course I'm willing to pay for the services.

Thanks in advance.
Hey, didn't we just have this conversation on the AN forum. Glad to see you on this forum also. I'll be willing to send you want I converted so far to show you the quality of SVCDs when converted from DIVX. I don't have much because it takes too long but you will at least see the difference in quality. I won't be making any new SVCDs though. Before I send out anything can you tell me what model DVD player you have. I wanna make sure the header trick will work on your DVD player.

This is what I have on SVCD with the Header trick
Love Hina X-Mas and Spring Special - Lousy quality because the source isn't very good.
Love Hina Again EP 1-3 -The subtitles are very close to the bottom of the screen so when they scretch out to the side just a tiny bit gets cuts off but they are still readable. Excellent quality
Noir ep 1-6. This is the most frustrating thing I have converted, for the most part very good but in the darker scenes it gets VERY blocky,
Read or Die ep1-2, I will do ep 3 very soon, this is the best set, rivals and sometimes surpasses most of my HKDVDs in quality.

As for payment, a thank you will suffice. :wink:

Also, get HKDVDs instead, much more convenient and saves a bunch of time.
My DVD Player is Toshiba SD-2700.

Thanks a lot for offering to send me SVCDs for no payment.

I guess I would like to try Read or Die since you say its the best quality from what you have.

BTW, let's say that someone already has a SVCD with an SVCD header and they simply want to change the header to VCD so that they can do the trick. Will they have to burn the disc all over again?
I'm not sure, do you mean they have a svcd that is already burn and they want to use they header trick for it to play on a dvd player that only plays vcds?

If so , i think they have to burn it again. Im not sure though

All the header trick does is to trick your dvd player to recognize your SVCD as a vcd. Then it will play the SVCD since it can play MPEG2
Did some research and I'm not too sure that you're DVD player will play SVCDs even with the header trick. Use TMPGenc to make a svcd using the header trick with a small file (like a music video- they are usually also in mpg so its easier to convert). I dont feel like sending stuff and it not be able to work. Hope you understand. If it works, inform me and I'll send the stuff ASAP

If you want to convert stuff into mpeg2 (SVCD & DVD format) you will need the codecs for it, Just download any dvd player software (I use windvd- you can get a demo for free)
Damn, it seems I can't seem to be able to convert the last episode of read or die. Something about an error, ah well. That is why I have pratically given up on VCD/SVCDs. Too much trouble
I can't try the trick myself because I don't have a CD burner.
Ok, I'll send them out anyways, I'll pass you Love Hina Again, some Noir episodes and read or die but it seems that I won't be able to convert the last episode of read or die (some error message pops out while encoding)so I'll burn the last episode in divx format. You should be able to see the strengths and weaknesses of SVCDs with the batch I'll pass to you. Just email me your address and I'll send them out when I have the time.

If they dont work you can always watch them on your PC
about 1% of all dvd players around supports SVCD format ~_~ gay but true ;p
It's so easy for a dvd player to player SVCDs, it involves less work to make a dvd player play SVCDs than VCDs. DVDs and SVCDs use the same format- MPEG2. They are problably scared of pirating issues.

If you're DVD player doesnt play SVCDs try to header trick, it worked great on my DVD player (Panasonic RV-32) The link is already on this thread.
I think I will try that. My dvd player is off brand so it most likely won't work but it is worth a try. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Cheapo dvd players usually arent fussy about things like that, so the chances of the header trick working is problably pretty high

go here to see if it might work or not , tons of reviews for almost every dvd player made

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers
yea matts right generally the cheaper dvd player models play more things.. I got a Daewoo dvd player that supports dvd/vcd/svcd/mp3 and some other stuff but the key part of it was it actually supported SVCD switchable subs which mean't i could create my svcd in dual audio with my subs.. which is nice for letting people borrow then that only like it in english like a few of my friends.. but hardy any player supports the svcd subtitle specs.. and the best thing the player was only $99.
How about a Pioneer DV-333? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pages: 1 2