Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Forums upgraded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Batz Kage Wrote:er, is it just me, or do the threads no longer change when you go to them; I'm not sure how to put it; you know how newly posted on threads are marked, now no matter how many times I view them they're still marked as though someone had recently posted.:confused:

Ya me too. Schultz said it would be handled differently now but it's rather irritating loading up a buncha threads and realizing there still hasn't been a new post.
give it a bit.. it has to now track what you ahve read and what you haven't.. Used the mark forums read feature which will make everything read.. Also make suer you refersh your cache for everything..
Ehh, somehow I have a problem ussing the smillie shortcuts and the shortcuts above the posting area (quote, font etc) at work. Its like my mouse doesn't recognise them and it just stays an arrow instead of changing to a hand. I can click what I want but no way to get a smily in my post that way. I'm pretty sure its the settings on my work since I don't have the problem at home but maybe you know which setting I have to change.
ok... I've refreshed my cache but I can't seem to find the "mark threads as read" button anywhere (and I've been looking for a while). Is this something that I don't have because I'm a mod? Or is it just hidden really well?
Oh wait... I found it...
I didn't realize that I have to go into each individual forum to mark them as read.
I was trying to do it from the new posts screen.

Is there a way to add a "mark all checked threads as read" button to the search screen?
The bar under the flame forum says 'Mark Forums Read' and 'View Forum Leaders'. You guess which one to click :p
well zagatto is a unique person as he is the only one that i know of that uses the "New Posts since last visit search" and he does all his reading on that page.. Which technicially isn't a forum page or anything so it wouldn't know what forums to mark as read.. But for zagatto if you go to the main site there is a link at he bottem that says mark forums read.. that will mark everything as read.. ;o)
Thanks, I've found that button now and it clears my list when I've finished my reading.

You mean to tell me that EVERYONE doesn't use the New Posts button at the top to browse everything that's happened since last login? It sure makes things easier for me.
I only check the icons in front of the forum titles. If they're orange it means new posts, if they're blue no new posts. And in a forum the threads containing new posts are shown in bold letters.

But your a mod with responsibility Big Grin so you need to read all posts made, your method prob. works best for that.
Zagatto Wrote:Thanks, I've found that button now and it clears my list when I've finished my reading.

You mean to tell me that EVERYONE doesn't use the New Posts button at the top to browse everything that's happened since last login? It sure makes things easier for me.

Shrug... I do... I just wish the Fiero Forum had that option... ugh... anyway... I've had the same problem, but I've marked the forum as being read a couple of times and that seems to help... I think it's working fine for me now... so hang in there guys... it just takes a couple of tries....
Zagatto Wrote:Thanks, I've found that button now and it clears my list when I've finished my reading.

I never really paid attention to it but damn your right it is useful.
Puppet Master Wrote:I never really paid attention to it but damn your right it is useful.
I tried it & I got an error :S
Batz Kage Wrote:I tried it & I got an error :S
what errors did you get?
Schultz Wrote:what errors did you get?
nvm I just tried it & no error, it just said I needed to specify a word or person's name to complete the search.
elcoholic Wrote:Ehh, somehow I have a problem ussing the smillie shortcuts and the shortcuts above the posting area (quote, font etc) at work. Its like my mouse doesn't recognise them and it just stays an arrow instead of changing to a hand. I can click what I want but no way to get a smily in my post that way. I'm pretty sure its the settings on my work since I don't have the problem at home but maybe you know which setting I have to change.

So, I still have my smillie problem. I NEED THEM TO SHOW MY EMOTIONS.

These are the only ones I remember: Smile and :p

I can't show my emotion with only 2 smillies now can I :p
Pages: 1 2 3