Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Christmas is gonna suck, when your family has stolen from you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All family gatherings are gonna suck from now on, actually, cause half my family has stolen from the other half. My aunt and my mom have both been robbed by my other aunt (their sister) and my cousin?s wife. Our shit was found in a pawn shop in Arkansas, with the names of the culprits on the holding tickets. They got picked up by the cops today, and the prosecuting attorney offered that they pay to get the stuff out of hock, or get felony charges on them. Our family is now in two nice size chunks now. WTF, how can you flesh and blood steal from you!? Well, I don?t care cause the prosecuting attorney called us and said we could pay to get it back (apparently, state law in Arkansas only requires the pawn shop to hold stuff and not sell it to any one else, and only charge what they paid for it), and if we do, they are fucked and will go to jail. I hope they do personally, stupid cocky bastards.
DAMN that sucks man I feel bad for you man. If you ask me they should have to pay to get your shit back and still be punished for stealing. But man as far as flesh and blood stealing goes I really don't know what to tell ya. But sorry to hear that man Sad BTW just how did your family find it at that pawn shop? If you don't mind me asking.
Puppet Master Wrote:DAMN that sucks man I feel bad for you man. If you ask me they should have to pay to get your shit back and still be punished for stealing. But man as far as flesh and blood stealing goes I really don't know what to tell ya. But sorry to hear that man Sad BTW just how did your family find it at that pawn shop? If you don't mind me asking.

The sister-in-law (my cousin) of one of the culprits saw one of my mom $5000 rings in there and knew it was hers, so she asked questions about who he got it from and then called us. We took legal action after that. She hates the bitch and that was why we got called. I think she might have suspected it and went to check shit out. Her mom was the other thief. She is in a really weird situation now, but I thank her for telling the truth about it.

And some of our stuff is gone to who know where the hell, like my Blackhills Gold tie-tack from my now dead grandfather on the other side of the family. I kept it in my moms jewelry cabinet for safe keeping, but I suppose that didn't work out too well. My aunt really got it the worst though. I don't know how much stuff they took from her, but it was a hell of a lot. She had like a big ass cabinet for all her necklaces and stuff, and it was all but cleaned out. I feel the worst for her. Those not stolen from kinda sit there in shock, except for the relative?s closer to the culprits, which are trying to defend them. WTF is there to defend really, they did it, and now they are going to pay for it, weather they hate us or not. Cause it seems to me they didn?t like us very much to begin with.
In some areas a lotta pawned stuff can be tracked if a police report is made.

And as for stealing - that sucks no matter who does it and to whom. Having it happen in the family just creates more emotions. Sucks, but from an outside view your family should basically break all ties with her and stay as far away as possible. =/ Of course without knowing more detail about your family that may not be very possible.
Blight Wrote:Those not stolen from kinda sit there in shock, except for the relative?s closer to the culprits, which are trying to defend them. WTF is there to defend really, they did it, and now they are going to pay for it, weather they hate us or not. Cause it seems to me they didn?t like us very much to begin with.

Wow, that sounds like my family on my dads side. There's a chick that's insanely rude to my family and others. (one of my dads sisters) She's obviously stolen stuff from people in the family before but they just make excuses for her and defend her drinking and all the crap she pulls. It really irritates me. We won't go to any family gatherings she goes to anymore nor will my fav. aunt and her family. The rest of the family must have their heads up their asses or something.

I really hope your familys stuff gets found and returned man. Thieves suck. =/
I know this wont be any consolation for you, but almost everyones family is like that- mine included- thats a shitty lesson learned, when ever you have something nice, somebody is always jealous and wants it-- they didnt earn it and its nothing to them, but they want it any way- just so you dont have it--It sucks that you have to buy it back from the pawn shop- that doesnt sound right , get legal advisement- the police are not the best interpeters of the law- hey always question authority- you may find out that if you can prove its yours and its stolen you can get it back-( some lawyers will at least advise you on the cheap or for free ), Personnally when family does this shit, their no longer your family - and you can send your wonderful relatives christmas cards when their in levenworth --
Wow, that really sucks.

Puzzleguy is right, though. A large portion of my family isn't even allowed to know where I live, cause they break into anywhere they can find, especially their relative's houses. Man that's fucked up :p ...
onizuka17711 Wrote:Puzzleguy is right, though. A large portion of my family isn't even allowed to know where I live, cause they break into anywhere they can find, especially their relative's houses. Man that's fucked up :p ...

This world just sucks balls sometimes... Sad
Blight Wrote:This world just sucks balls sometimes... Sad
Unfortunately, yeah...What makes people like that, I wonder?
onizuka17711 Wrote:Unfortunately, yeah...What makes people like that, I wonder?

I've always wondered that. I always wonder what makes me people act the way they do. Example, some lady at the grocery store I work at started flipping out a couple weeks ago and was yelling that she was gonna go to the other main local store because we didn't have baked cheetos. She made quite a scene. This wasn't some old lady or anything either. Luckily most people in this world will say "wtf is wrong with her", instead of "hey! she's right!" lol.
Blight Wrote:This world just sucks balls sometimes... Sad

I couldn't have said that better myself. What is with all the bad luck lately?
I agree my family is the same.Although ive never had anything on that level.We finally got rid of a rely that was living with us and stealing money and stuff(all i found missing of mine was anime and some music) What the hell are they thinking.You offer them a place to stay a while for crap all with free food etc so it ends up costing us and then they steel money from your wallets.Its bloody cocky stealing while still living with the person.It was only when he left i noticed some of our possesions missing as well.Lucky enough its all rather inexpensive and replacable.Then you have the problem of how to bring the topic up with family without them getting all defensive and pissed.
The other problem is some of our family,who i dont even associate with at all, are into rather nasty drugs and crap.Theyll do anything for a little cash or drugs.And unfortunatly its things like this that really screw up a persons trust.I actually dont like associating with anything but my closest family much and place alot more trust in my friends.Probably why i dont know much of my relies,only some on my mothers side.
arkansaw hmm........

just joking thats really messed up

honestly if i was in that predicament id be pretty questionless as to what to do
wrxh8r Wrote:The other problem is some of our family,who i dont even associate with at all, are into rather nasty drugs and crap.Theyll do anything for a little cash or drugs.And unfortunatly its things like this that really screw up a persons trust.I actually dont like associating with anything but my closest family much and place alot more trust in my friends.Probably why i dont know much of my relies,only some on my mothers side.
Drugs are becoming a problem where I live as well. You kinda know it's an issue when 6th graders are trying to sell me heroine :p . Not to mention, I've got one of the area's hottest drug spots about 1 minute's walk away. A lot of my friends have gotten caught up in all of that shit Sad . At least it's not relatives, like you. Still though, one of my former best friends tried to mug me for drug cash the other day, which is kinda depressing Sad . Sorry for the off topic rant :p .
onizuka17711 Wrote:Sorry for the off topic rant :p .

It doesn't matter that much to me lol.

Alcohol is what I'm supposed to watch out for in my family. There are a lot of rehabilitated alkies in my family. But I know better; gambling is my vice. I can't stop once I start, so I just don't gamble at all. If I didn?t keep away from that, I would be out on the streets for sure.
Pages: 1 2