Import Anime Forums

Full Version: hong kong one piece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...eName=WDVW

These one piece dvds aren't bootlegged, but has anyone bought these? Are the subtitles better?
I wouldn't be too sure they aren't bootlegs. The could be unofficial mainland rips. There are official ones and I remember reading a review over at AN that said the subs were not all that great but were consistant.
i got the first 2 box sets theyre just mi and av rips lol.
killua-kun Wrote:i got the first 2 box sets theyre just mi and av rips lol.

How are they when they have mandarin dubs? You might be thinking of the early mainland rips that had no dub.
I have all 4 box sets i believe. Same cover art, and it seems to have the same specs. DON'T BUY IT! I'd run the RIAA risk and download the fan-subs...

Reasons why:
1)The Subtitles are terrible, although you can still get the story just fine.
a) The character's names are different than the actual names (i found out after downloading fansubs)
b) Some lines aren't subbed at all
c) Grammatical errors of course

2)The Video is nothing greater than that of the fansubs. you get pixelization, blurriness, and sometimes lines on the screen.

3)Um, my box set fell apart with little use (not a good point since this happens to many bottleg sets, but i wanted 3 points)

*edit*
4)It's not even a complete set
gohan32 Wrote:4)It's not even a complete set

With the anime still in progress, how could it be?

Or did you mean that the set ends in a middle of a storyline?
When i wrote that i was thinking of how i was stupid when i bought that set ages ago, and numerous sellers were saying that the 120 episodes were a complete set. It seems stupid to add that number 4 in there, but i'm not editing it because i need to shower.
I know the series isn't complete, i just got 150...