Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Wolf's Rain *ULTIMATE SPOILERS*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****SPOILERS times a million! ****

So yeah, I watched Wolf's Rain as Bandai released it, waiting sick amounts of time between volumes up until the 6th volume, which ended the initial run of the show's 26 episodes. Then, I decided I would wait until the 7th volume was released, and watch the entire 30 in a row (less the 4 write-off recap episodes in the middle).

I got the girlfriend hooked, and I don't think she'll ever forgive me for it, now that she's seen the final episodes where EVERYONE DIES. I knew going into it, that things would end very dark and depressing like... but good lord, can anyone else think of 2 hours of television that is -THAT- painfully depressing to sit through?

Sure, I get that everyone was going to die anyways, as "Paradise" is just the world being wiped out and reborn... but 97% of the last 5 episodes involved every major character dying horribly, one at a time, and then the remaining characters mourning.

This isn't a complaint... per se... as one of the things I love about Japanese series is that they never pull punches... but man, that was a draining couple of hours. Tongue

Easily a Top 5 show, and not just for the exceptional production values thankfully.
I liked the ending. Depressing yes, but very well done. Probably in the top 40 or so. Good but wouldn't put it in my top 30 or so simply because I don't think i'll watch it again.
I never thought any other series could make me cry as much as Last Exile did but Wolf's Rain made me cry even more. It was indeed painful! I did love the serious though, absolutely fabulous!