Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Need Chronology Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just received the Tenchi Muyo Perfect Collection. It came as 3 seperate box sets titled:

Ryo Oh Ki - 13 eps + 3 movies
Tenchi Universe - 26 eps
Tenchi in Tokyo - 26 eps

In which order to I watch them?
ryo whatever must be the first series so i'd watch that first. Then tenchi in tokyo then universe. I've never watched tenchi but I know that's the order CN aired them in.
I pasted up answering cause I was waiting for someone who knows more than I; but it's been an hour or two; so here goes.

Ryo Oh Ki, from the ep number is Tenchi Muyo; the first one. I'm unsure as to how the movies go.
Then comes Universe;
Tokyo comes last, not that it matters becuase it's not entirely like the others (the characters met differently & the sort).

Muyo ends in saying the carnival comes back every year, Universe begins the same way I think..
The movies should have numbers, one should be Tenchi 2 Daughter of Darkness, there should be one that shows more of Kyone (bad spelling), this one I think comes after Muyo, maybe universe (I don't remember Kyone in Muyo so it's likely universe. You could try the first two movies after Universe & the third after Tokyo...
It's been far to long since I've seen Tenchi so my ending beginning thing might be Universe Tokyo, but the order of Ryo Oh Ki, Universe, then Tokyo shouldbe correct.

Hope that helps & makes since, my head is cluttered; I need rest & to not be sick..
I wonder if I was right about CN then. Didn't universe at least show last or am I wrong?
Cidien Wrote:I wonder if I was right about CN then. Didn't universe at least show last or am I wrong?
Think they did something like Muyo, Universe, Tokyo, Universe..but I'm not sure, I only watch about 9/10s of the Universe episodes, & only about 7-9 Tokyo ones. I loved Muyo, didn't have free time during the Universe part & I really didn't like Tokyo all that much.
I don't trust CN for anything anime related. They played the Big O episodes all out of order.

Anyway, the only dates I have are the following:

Ryo Oh Ki went from 1992 to 1995
Tenchi Universe was in 1995
Tenchi in Tokyo is from 1997

Movie 1 (Tenchi in Love) is from 1996
Movie 2 (Daughter of Darkness) is from 1997
Movie 3 (Tenchi Forever) is from 1998

While I can watch it in this order, it'd be nice to know the chronology of the story, rather than the release dates.
Ryo Oh Ki went from 1992 to 1995
Tenchi Universe was in 1995
Movie 1 (Tenchi in Love) is from 1996
Tenchi in Tokyo is from 1997
Movie 2 (Daughter of Darkness) is from 1997
Movie 3 (Tenchi Forever) is from 1998
I'm not sure about movie 1, but that should be the correct order story wise, but having not seen the movies, I'm going by information I read on the internet 3-4 years ago, & my memory is a little foggy.
Thanx, Batz. I'll go with that order. Seems logical. If I find something contrary to that order, I'll post it here.