Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ugh!! Help Por Favor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yup for the last two days my computer has been having a whole bunch of freaking pop ups. I've tried using the program "search and destory" but it didn't help finding the spyware. So I need help can anyone recommend me any program to kill off the spyware that is in my computer. Please help. Sad
I would recommend Hitman Pro. This program runs multiple anti-spyware scans, including search & destroy.
It can be found at: http://hitmanpro.nl
The only problem might be that the program is in Dutch and you have to uninstall your other anti-spyware programs before installing this. (About the program being in Dutch, it shouldn't be too hard to understand, but I can't really tell since I'm Dutch myself.)

Otherwise try downloading the anti-spyware programs listed on hitmanpro.nl. The programs at their original sites should have an English version. Ad-aware is a good program and the other programs find spyware each program alone can't. Spysweeper is a slow program/takes a lot of time, but it finds quite a lot.

I really hope this helps, since I've had my share of problems with spyware in the past (and present).
There's also windows messenger spam which is harmless but anoying. Do a search for 'disabling windows messenger' and you will find a little guide on how to do it. I normally have to do it if I reinstall windows...
If you're using a Windows system and cruising the internet, I would suggest you find and download Hijack This. It is quite the handy little program.
RF_InSAnE Wrote:I would recommend Hitman Pro. This program runs multiple anti-spyware scans, including search & destroy.
It can be found at: http://hitmanpro.nl
The only problem might be that the program is in Dutch and you have to uninstall your other anti-spyware programs before installing this. (About the program being in Dutch, it shouldn't be too hard to understand, but I can't really tell since I'm Dutch myself.)

Otherwise try downloading the anti-spyware programs listed on hitmanpro.nl. The programs at their original sites should have an English version. Ad-aware is a good program and the other programs find spyware each program alone can't. Spysweeper is a slow program/takes a lot of time, but it finds quite a lot.

I really hope this helps, since I've had my share of problems with spyware in the past (and present).

I used one of the programs there I think it's called ad-adware so far it's pretty much working I'm hardly getting any pop ups but not fully completely gone though.
Well, Spy-bot is badass but I think you have to pay for it.

Edit: you may also want to look up your active X controls if you are using Internet Explorer (I don't know about Fire Fox, Netscape, or anything else) because that shit is something I just dealt with on my computer. Go to tools, Internet options, and the Programs tab. Under the programs tab, go to Manage Add-ons and all the Active X BS is there. But you need some of it so don?t disable them all. Look for ones that are unverified, or that have the same name as the F?ing bastards that are popping up.
There is a new program going around called a better internet and when it gets intto your system is hits you with pop-ups gallore, check installed programs.
I downloaded spybot-search and distroy from cnet , got rid of about 85 spyware garbage on my computer ( some of this is popups ) and then i downloaded Avast which is a fantastic virus software package both free -- my norton anti-virus runs out in a month or two and im not going to renew it, when the two I mentioned are free and In my opinion Avast is better than Norton. P.S - another suggestion would be to download mozilla firefox - works alot better than Internet explorer. another hint is to go into tools and dump your cookies every now and then , this really speeds up your computer ! Cool