Import Anime Forums

Full Version: texhnolyze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
r00ster Wrote:How's the katherine_jean been? Big Grin Loooooong time no talk.

Ive been good, the wedding still on? Big Grin
katherine_jean Wrote:Ive been good, the wedding still on? Big Grin

it had better be :p
I've seen the whole show and personally I like it a lot but couldn't stand Lain at all. It's definately not for everyone (I bet a lot of people say that about a lot of shows though) but with loyalty I think most fans of animes that require thinking can come to enjoy it. The animation is neat, the gore factor is present but not overdone, and the characters are pretty cool too. Ichise and Onishi are intriguing, I think.
However, I did notice a difference in feel between the first and second half of the show. Somewhere around that point things shifted from action and suffering to psych/mind-warping stuff.
I guess overall I would definately say that buying this HK is no waste of money. I don't consider my complete official set to be a waste in the least.
I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to watch any more. I rented the first dvd on netflix and after fast forwarding though 80% of each episode to get to one or two plot points I had no ambition to rent the rest.
Ya then you're probably not going to get much of a thrill from it. I enjoyed watching the entire show and never skipped over any part of it at all. That's ok though - I definately see how Texhnolyze could turn potential fans away.
The odd thing is I kinda liked lain. However texhnolyze has even too little talking/plot/anything but scenery shots for me.
For those interested, I got my set of Texhnolyze today. It appears to be as near a perfect set as perfects get. The video quality is top notch, sound, layout, everything about it appears to be an all arround excellent perfect. It even has interviews and outtakes. Do note that I have only watched the first episode and spotchecked some others, so a real review is pending. So far so good tho. The subtitles do seem a little dark, but that may just be how they are. I will post a few screencaps here as well.
texhnolyze is like lain/ghost in the shell on a whole other level.
The episodes DO drag out but almost all of them (minus the first one which I watched but hated) add something to the plot
Pages: 1 2