Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Death Note Disscussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All right stop collaborate and listen there will be spoilers in this new edition. :p you have been warned XD

So, first of all, who all here reads this wonderful master piece which at some points does disappoint -_-.

anyways, I thought, since I know atleast 3 other read it, & I feel like bitching, I'd start a disscussion.
For those of you who haven't read to atleast chapter 60, er you might not wanna read cause there'll be *spoilers*.

So, am I the only one that hates Light? He's just to, er he let the power go to his head, he uses everyone, he even used himself; when he had to lose his memory, he never what it'd take t oget them back & set it up so he could; plus the b!tch is paranoid like a strung up mofo.

And while I'm thinking, does anyone figure L faked his own death? I'm praying because I love L, & I don't wanna get stuck watching what seems to be his (equally) retarded little brother. I mean if you think about it when Rem died that should have been before the heart attack of L happened, couldn't they just write in a rule that says if the owner of the Death Note dies before the death written takes palce, then it won't happen? In which case having seen Wataru (er, don't remember if that's the right spelling) delete all the files, it could have hit L that he should atleast play dead...
Ok that's probably just my wishing, but I hope it's true.
lock this~~~~
jarjar111 Wrote:lock this~~~~
Of course, please do; because no one around here should speak their mind about anime/manga works..
What, my grammar is horrible, but I wanted to talk about a series that I enjoy, & to find out if I was the only one upset by the death of one of the coolest characters in the series..

edit: And while I'm at it, I think I'll go the extra mile; in 8th grade, we were told by our science teacher what '~' (tilde) meant. Although I don't remember an exact defintion, I don't beleive it to have anything to do with exclamation, but...oh you do have to love those butts; you know what does?

The Exclamation mark..yeah you know that thing that appears while holding shift & pressing the '1' key? Yeah, it's right next to the one you hit; better luck next time -_-

~~~ Ban this user ~~~ :p

in other news:

While i do hate this "near" kid, i definitley prefer "light" over him. at the moment I find his character to be sort of annoying, however he does have loads of potential seeing as a whole lot of his character hasn't really been revealed. his brother/friend (the evil one) looks like a chick.

I was really mad that they killed off "L" as he was my favourite character, mostly cause he reminds me of myself (in the way he sits and acts with all the annoying/pointless things he does). While i am upset that they killed him, it is my opinion that he is dead (i mean in the ground kinda dead). when rem killed him she died, and if L were still alive, why would he allow Near to take over and for all this crap to happen? However he could possibly still be alive seeing as the readers were never told his true name.

Now in terms of my opinion on "Light" i think he is a genius. while he does use people all the time, you have to admit that he is probably one of, if not THE smartest character in the whole series (possibly next to "L"). also the fact that he is most likely a sociopath means that he has no remorse for killing anybody but usually only does so when they are a threat to him. overall i think he is a pretty cool character. plus he has a hot girlfriend :p

The death gods i have found to be particularly entertaining. This goes especially for Ryukuu. His character reminds me of a character from star trek named "Q" who simply popped out of nowhere because he was bored. Ryukuu i find to be Extremely entertaining because he knowingly causes all this havok simply to amuse himself. Rem i like simply because of what she helps add to the story with her protectiveness of Misa.

Deathnote is a very cool series but it does get VERY slow at times. the main example of this is when the seven suits get involved. I literally skipped over about ten chapters rather than reading them all through simply because the long discussions over who they were going to kill next was semi-relevant to the story however, it really didn't add anything to it and just got to be VERY boring after the first few lines. Once they caught the "buisness kira" as i like to call him, the story started to pick up pretty quickly.

The most recent chapters i have found to be OK in terms of slowness but they arent the most exciting chapters. I think this is mostly because it has been building up to the next part of the storyline which will probably be revealed in the next few chapters.

anywho. I think my post is long enough for tonight so i'll give others a chance to discuss this. Big Grin

EDIT: BATZ do you wanna go back and put the word *spoilers* in the topic... just in case we happen to have people here who intend to read the manga. Smile
Very...interesting new banner thing you have there, Vegeta :p ...
Don't be a dick...
onizuka17711 Wrote:Very...interesting new banner thing you have there, Vegeta :p ...

Yep.. that it is :p
and it was inspired by none other than good old KJ Big Grin
vegeta76 Wrote:I was really mad that they killed off "L" as he was my favourite character, mostly cause he reminds me of myself (in the way he sits and acts with all the annoying/pointless things he does). While i am upset that they killed him, it is my opinion that he is dead (i mean in the ground kinda dead). when rem killed him she died, and if L were still alive, why would he allow Near to take over and for all this crap to happen? However he could possibly still be alive seeing as the readers were never told his true name.
Yes Rem, died because she kill Wataru, & by the rules, she died before L did, hence that if there was a rule stating that if the owner died be fore the written, then they don't die, L would still be alive. And I'm pretty sure he knows that Light is the first Kira. He was so close to pinning both him & Misa & taht's why he was killed. I haven't gotten much further, but, did Light ask Misa L's real name? Likely L figured Light would just be glad he's out of the way & not really care, so he would have faked his own death & continued investigation from behind the scenes.

vegeta76 Wrote:Now in terms of my opinion on "Light" i think he is a genius. while he does use people all the time, you have to admit that he is probably one of, if not THE smartest character in the whole series (possibly next to "L"). also the fact that he is most likely a sociopath means that he has no remorse for killing anybody but usually only does so when they are a threat to him. overall i think he is a pretty cool character. plus he has a hot girlfriend :p
I can't aruge that he's so smart, but the only reason he was able to avoid L was because he had Ryuku on his side & then used Misa & Rem to kill him.
As for his g/f, that one of the reasons I hate him. She said she'd die for him, and instead of enjoying the fact that he has a hot chick that would do ANYTHING for him; he tries to find ways to make her die...

vegeta76 Wrote:The most recent chapters i have found to be OK in terms of slowness but they arent the most exciting chapters. I think this is mostly because it has been building up to the next part of the storyline which will probably be revealed in the next few chapters.
I haven't read but one chapter past teh death of L. I bumpped into a spoiler about it of a forum with no warnings -_- & read like 7 chapters to get to the part where he dies Sad

vegeta76 Wrote:EDIT: BATZ do you wanna go back and put the word *spoilers* in the topic... just in case we happen to have people here who intend to read the manga. Smile
I ave a small warning, but I'm about to go back & put a big warning at the beginning of my post, I er just have to look up something first >.> <.<
I Just downloaded chapter 65,66 last night and believe me... this new story could get to be VERY interesting, plus theres a new death god Big Grin
At first I really liked Light (although he looked a lot like Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh occaisionally), but he seems to really have lost focus, and I stopped caring for him after he started killing the innocent police officers (and their fiances). The wierd thing about Death Note is that there IS no hero. You don't want L to suceed, but you don't want Light to either.

About L's death, I'm being inclined to believe that one of two things has/will happen:

-L faked his death. As Light wouldn't be able to tell if the last name in the Death Note WAS L's or not (how we he know?), Light would be none the wiser. But, if that was true, I think Light would have noticed (when holding L after he collapsed) that his heart was still beating.

-L really did die. BUT, if you read that one shot story (the pilot), there's something very interesting that I forgot all about until later. There is an eraser that the demons can give you, and if you erase the person's name from the Death Note, they will come back to life. This only works if their body is still intact (ie, stabbed to death/jumped from a building = no, heart attack = yes). I'm hoping that somehow, unless L's been creamated or something, he can be brought back.

I can't wait for Viz to finally release it, I'm dying to be able to re-read everything in it's full qulality . To be honest, the scans I've been reading have been ass-trocious quality for such great artwork.

And I agree w/ Vegeta. I didn't skip over the chapters, but the part where the company got their hands on the Death Note was boring. The end result was important (the DN's exposure), but the way there was rather tedious.
Rigth after Mello came on the scene I stopped reading, finally got back to it & I'm really starting to like N. He's just as cool & retarded as L, like with him throwing 5 billion darts & everyone of then hit the floor & he just kept throwing them like he was getting somewhere XD