Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The Machinist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So has anyone seen this movie, I just saw it yesterday. I was completly shocked at the lengths Christian Bale would go to imerse himself in a role. The movie had a definite Hitchcock feel to it and I liked it. You really have to watch the whole movie to get a feel for the story. It was strange to watch this movie and have watched batman begins and see the complete contrast in Bale between the movies.

I think he has a great talent for becoming a role, like some actors have one character type and there is not really a difference between roles but with Bale its like its a completly different person which I think is a great talent.
geo85 Wrote:So has anyone seen this movie, I just saw it yesterday. I was completly shocked at the lengths Christian Bale would go to imerse himself in a role. The movie had a definite Hitchcock feel to it and I liked it. You really have to watch the whole movie to get a feel for the story. It was strange to watch this movie and have watched batman begins and see the complete contrast in Bale between the movies.

I think he has a great talent for becoming a role, like some actors have one character type and there is not really a difference between roles but with Bale its like its a completly different person which I think is a great talent.
I've been wanting to see it & everyone says it's good, but if not for you guys & the IFC I wouldn't even know about, much less do I think our movie rental place would have a copy of it,
When I see an actor or director I like I look them up on imdb.com and it lists anything and everything an actor, director, producer, etc has been and is involved in. That is how I found out about the movie, I also watch the ifc channel sometimes.

I find that more and more movies I like are being made in Europe and such because of the convuluted and bottom line oriented nature of hollywood, so a lot of good movies are out there but not advertised in the us much because some fat suit that had no involvement in the movie is not making some cash.
I saw it a couple days ago. Awsome movie.
I saw that movie a couple of months ago. In fact, Rav and I talked about it here in the forums 'cause he had already watched it by then. The movie is absolutely spectacular! If I liked Christian Bale as an actor before, after that movie he become one of my favourite.

It's true movies made in Europe have been getting better and better. Even some movies that I absloutely love and think are American turn out to be European. I suppose it's got a lot to do with the fact that European movies have become more artistic and experimental while American movies have become more mainstream. That's also the reason why I'm into Asian movies, they have a very fresh feel to them. But European movies weren't always like this, they used to suck!