Import Anime Forums

Full Version: EZDVD Casing Photos Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a feeling a few others are curious about this as well. As far as I've heard, the EZDVD remakes of currently released FX titles (Hellsing, Lain, Naruto, etc) are going to be in semiclear plastic casings like some of the last released FX stuff (my Mahoromatic and Someday's Dreamers sets are in clear plastic cases). I was hoping someone who has bought the new EZDVD stuff (or perhaps JunkieJoe.. hehe.) could take a few pictures to let us know what it looks like, inside and out.

I'm quite partial to the cases that FX makes with all their pictures (I think the Naruto sets 1-4 look awesome) and to hear they got shut out was saddening, especially for series that still need to finish such as my Naruto. =/ I'm starting to get impatient and I'm questioning whether I should switch over and buy Part 5 from the other HK companies (whatever company produces it). I actually welcome the plastic cases seeing as how they still stick to the same FX art.

So in short, here's my questions:

1) Could someone post detailed pictures of what the new EZDVD sets look like? If it's not too much to ask... maybe from JunkieJoe? =P
2) If pictures can't be posted, do the FX covers and layouts stay the same on the newer EZDVD cases? Pictures, text and whatnot.
3) Any idea if EZDVD will come out with a Naruto Part 5 or other new animes? I'm pretty sure the answers "no idea", but it doesn't hurt to ask. =)

Thanks.
check this forum at Arcticnightfall:

http://arcticnightfall.com/boards/showth...genumber=2

you'll find photos of the "new" EZDVD Trigun set
another thought - We need some reviews ASAP on the Quality of these new DVD's , have heard there taking over for FX but to me that doesn't mean anything - Need to know about the quality , track record ETC-- theres alot of bad HK copies floating around , and FX deserved a good rating - but I ( as well as others ) needs to know about this Johnny come lately's quality -in detail if possible.

We need reviews on all EZDVD 's ASAP !
Puzzleguy, example: Cowboy Bebop EZDVD, read the Bebop FX review, same master was used.
t03knee Wrote:especially for series that still need to finish such as my Naruto. =/ I'm starting to get impatient and I'm questioning whether I should switch over and buy Part 5 from the other HK companies (whatever company produces it).

Think FX ripped all their Naruto sets from other companies anyway so the only difference would be cases...
I am the one who posted the pics at arcticnightfall and I'll put the links here again in case you aren't a member at their forums:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/r...ispine.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/r...inside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/r...ifront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/r...riback.jpg

and as far as quality reviews, I can only echo what JJ already said. It is the exact same as the FX version. So, read a review of the FX version to see what you are getting.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Think FX ripped all their Naruto sets from other companies anyway so the only difference would be cases...

Yeah I read about that somewhere on the forums too.. but being the nitpicky person I am, it would be nice to have matching sets the whole way through. hehehe. Maybe I'm just a nerd.. but I'm sure a couple of people out there agree with me on that.

rarnum Wrote:...and as far as quality reviews, I can only echo what JJ already said. It is the exact same as the FX version. So, read a review of the FX version to see what you are getting.

Woohoo! Just the answer I was looking for. EXDVD covers are exact duplicates of the FX (logo intact on the cover =P) As far as the DVDs were concerned, I was already pretty sure they would be exact copies of the FX version. The covers were what I was wondering about. Again, people will probably poke fun of me at this, but when you have a DVD tower with a section devoted entirely of FX titles (where almost all the spines match each other), you become kind of a perfectionist. >_< Thanks guys!
.. Now only one question remains ..

For the future of great HK anime sets, will EZDVD be making the next generation of FX quality DVD boxsets, (i.e. new sets FX hasn't made like Naruto 5 and many others) and if so, will they retain the same kind of labels and covers as FX?

:confused:
t03knee Wrote:Woohoo! Just the answer I was looking for. EXDVD covers are exact duplicates of the FX (logo intact on the cover =P) As far as the DVDs were concerned, I was already pretty sure they would be exact copies of the FX version. The covers were what I was wondering about. Again, people will probably poke fun of me at this, but when you have a DVD tower with a section devoted entirely of FX titles (where almost all the spines match each other), you become kind of a perfectionist. >_< Thanks guys!

Ya I have a couple dvd towers and I keep all my matching logo sets together too.

And for Naruto - get the fansubs. The HK's would be awesome if they used the fansubs. (still don't understand why they don't) The difference in the subs is well worth having to watch them on the computer. Or you can buy the discs off ebay that work in dvd players - but those aren't always the best quality. My set I bought sometimes made really annoying audio blips sometimes and certain episodes didn't always play right or at all on my cheaper dvd player.
Cidien Wrote:Ya I have a couple dvd towers and I keep all my matching logo sets together too.

And for Naruto - get the fansubs. The HK's would be awesome if they used the fansubs. (still don't understand why they don't) The difference in the subs is well worth having to watch them on the computer. Or you can buy the discs off ebay that work in dvd players - but those aren't always the best quality. My set I bought sometimes made really annoying audio blips sometimes and certain episodes didn't always play right or at all on my cheaper dvd player.

I hear ya. I actually do get the fansubs, but since i'm an HK set fanboy, I collect those too. -__-" Yep, I'm that dedicated. =/ In fact, I have a copy of those eBay sold fansub-into-dvd sets. They actually aren't too bad and they sure fit a lot of eps per dvd. However, I would never but a fanproduced set of any anime, or any other media for that matter.

I'm not sure why the HKs don't just use the translations off the fansubs. It sure would save them a lot of time from translating and producing average subs. Maybe the HK anime companies don't have access to broadband? :p

But to be honest, the subs for the Naruto sets actually fare quite well. Granted they have their mistakes here and there, but it's gotta be some of the best subbing I've seen from an HK produced anime DVD in a long time. They even spell the names right. =P But thanks for your input Cidien. =) Well appreciated.
That's exactly the problem though. The Naruto sets are great compared to most HK subs. I watched the first 4 sets or Naruto on HK before I started downloading the fansubs. It makes a huge difference and the fansubs also pick up and other little things the HKs miss. Nothing that really has much to do with the plot - but there are a few things I noticed my second time through the series the HKs missed.
Very true... it seems there's only one logical thing to do: Watch the fansubs and keep the HKs on the tower as a nice display... which is.. kinda technically what I do currently. =P Maybe someday, far into the future, I'll brush off those sets and finally use them for the first time, long after I've forgotten a better part of the series. =P
I havnt been here in ages!
And to rarnom: thanks for posting the pictures, I know Ill definatly be getting some soon. the small case makes it all the merrier Big Grin
For me as long as the cases are at least quality some and not just a white sheet with the series name I am happy, The quality of the series/film is most important to me overal