Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Leech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys what's up.
I'm new to this website, so I apologize if this question has been posted or answered many many many many times. When you go into the store, the word Leech is bouncing around everywhere. What does Leech mean? Thanks for your time.

Cool
OMFG Wrote:Hey guys what's up.
I'm new to this website, so I apologize if this question has been posted or answered many many many many times. When you go into the store, the word Leech is bouncing around everywhere. What does Leech mean? Thanks for your time.

Cool

What the hell are you talking about?
Puppet Master Wrote:What the hell are you talking about?

Also slightly interested....
eR, I've heard of a problem simular to this, I think it had to do with firewall settings or cookie files or some crap. It's been atleast a few years since I read about the problem, but Schultz can tell you what to do.
Yep it's some firewall thing... I had it a while ago but there was a guide of how to stop it in some thread ages ago and I did it and it stopped...
Actually... leeching refers to other sites linking directly to our graphics and using our bandwidth for their purposes.

By requiring a login to view images, other sites are unable to leech our images.

An example would be if you made a personal home page with a picture of somebody dressed as Vash on it. Then someone else sees your picture and decides they want to use it for their own site.
There are a number of ways that they could go about using your picture. The best choice but least likely to happen would be if they contact you and ask for your permission to use your picture on their site. The next best thing would be for them to provide a link to your site and a description of your picture. After that, they could save your picture to their hard drive and use their bandwidth to broadcast your image without your knowing it.
Finally, the worst option would be that they could leech your image. They could have their page reference your image so it shows up on their page but it uses your bandwidth. That's leeching... we don't like it when we pay for other people to use our images.
Found the old thread I think - http://import-anime.com/forums/showthrea...ight=leech Tells you how to stop it in your firewall.