Import Anime Forums

Full Version: howl's moving castle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ack i want to see that movie in theaters but i can't find any theaters that are playing it Sad i live in southern california anybody know a site that has spots for where its playing or sumthin
Limited release. For now, you have your pick of Hollywood, San Diego, or San Francisco.
hbk101 Wrote:Limited release. For now, you have your pick of Hollywood, San Diego, or San Francisco.

It's also showing in Chicago... at least 3 theatres are showing it... according to information I read from the rec.arts.anime.misc newsgroup... or you can go here for a complete listing of cities/states, I believe the count is like 36 nationwide: Howl's Moving Castle Info/show areas
Its no telling if this film will be a gem or a bomb. I will wait for it on DVD. The simple reason Disney was involved with it is why I am hesitant for the moment
I saw it a couple days ago. I loved it. One of his best so far. Totally worth finding a theater showing it.
hbk101 Wrote:Limited release. For now, you have your pick of Hollywood, San Diego, or San Francisco.

That's insane... especially since commercials up here in North Dakota have been spamming to go see it in theatres. Why the hell do we have so many commercials for something we can't even see.
I just keep seeing the trailers on television @_@ they are drving me nuts, its taking too long, I must see it!!!
I saw a fansubbed version of the movie and loved it.
I'm kind of torn about the voice acting I've heard in the English language trailers so far. There's just something about Gene Simmons' voice that doesn't ring quite right in the role of Howl for me.

This weekend I plan on driving to Toronto to see the movie on the big screen. The details in the visuals are so rich that I feel this must be seen on a big screen to be truly enjoyed to the fullest.
Zagatto Wrote:I saw a fansubbed version of the movie and loved it.
I'm kind of torn about the voice acting I've heard in the English language trailers so far. There's just something about Gene Simmons' voice that doesn't ring quite right in the role of Howl for me.

This weekend I plan on driving to Toronto to see the movie on the big screen. The details in the visuals are so rich that I feel this must be seen on a big screen to be truly enjoyed to the fullest.

Hey zag. do you know where its showing in toronto? I was trying to find a place :S
you should check out http://www.tribute.ca for movie times for just about everything. There are three theatres in TO showing it (ok... Oakville, Scarborough and TO)
Zagatto Wrote:I saw a fansubbed version of the movie and loved it.

Is the source a CAM? Or is there a higher quality source available? What fansub group was the copy you saw from? I wanna check it out but only if the quality is watchable... Recomend it?
vegeta76 Wrote:Hey zag. do you know where its showing in toronto? I was trying to find a place :S

So what was wrong with checking the listing link I provided? It listed all three theatres in Toronto...

Toronto, ON
Paramount Toronto - 12:20 3:10 6:20 9:30

---
Scarborough, ON
AMC Kennedy Commons 20 - 1:35 4:25 7:05 10:05

---

Oakville, ON
AMC Winston Churchill 24 - 1:35 4:35 7:20 10:00

gubi-gubi Wrote:Is the source a CAM? Or is there a higher quality source available? What fansub group was the copy you saw from? I wanna check it out but only if the quality is watchable... Recomend it?

Well the one we have is from a CAM source, you can see the shadows of people walking in the foreground, no, I don't think there is a higher quality source available, don't know the fansub group that did it, and yes, the quality is watchable, although not perfect, and yes, I'd recommend it to everyone. Can't wait to see it at the theatre... and get the R1 of it!!
Amethyst Wrote:So what was wrong with checking the listing link I provided? It listed all three theatres in Toronto...

sorry amethyst.. i must have missed that one... i tend to skim over these threads rather than read all of em :S
The fansubbed copy I have is a CAM version but it is one of the better ones I've seen and the fansubs are quite good. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the theatre and getting the R1 when it's finally released.
They are expanding the release this weekend. It should be easy to find the theaters that are showing it.

As to nightrayne's original question, there are a ton of new locations all over sourthen california. Go watch and enjoy the show Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3