Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ghibli MAC Boxset Vs Ghibli AS Boxset - Who's the daddy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard fron quite a few folks that the Ghibli MAC boxset (1-12) craps all over the older AS Bosxet(1-12).

If this is true, can anybody offer any reasons as to why the MAC release might be superior.

The reason why I ask is because i've got the AS set and everything on it is damn near perfect - video quality, audio and subs.

So I find it kinda hard to believe that the MAC version is any better.
who ever tells you that MAC craps all over AS release probably full of crap themselfs hehe.... MAC is AS discs with new MAC packaging.. thats it

who ever told u this is probalby one of those "AS sucks" people that assumes that AS sucks and they own the MAC set and its so great they just cant comprehend that its same as AS discs
LOL, so let me get this straight. HK companies such as MI,FX and AS rip R2/R1 releases and MAC rip their rips?

Oh the irony! :lol:

BTW, do MAC rip any stuff on their own?
AS = MAC, same company,

all companies rip R2s R3s... most do R1 rips... most do rips of each other... just AS/MAC is famous for doing mostly rips... very little of their own original stuff... (very little i mean in perspective with stuff they have out)
I've had problems with Kiki Delivery Service on my MAC set, half way through the movie my dvd player had problems reading the disk (pixelation, video and audio skipped ALOT). It lasted for around twenty minutes. Also has some problems with Only Yesterday also but was not as bad as Kiki (once again video and audio skipped). I read somewhere that another person had the same problem with their MAC set and no one mentioned theses problems in the review section of the AS Ghibli set so I guess we have a winner: AS Ghibli set is better.
true mac is a pain
kiki paused about 4 times because my player was haveing trubles reading it
and it could not read the last ten minuts of chapter 2 of only yasterday
three of the movies had bad sub problems
and i think AS only has 2 movies with bad sub problems
but pon poko and only yesterday are the worst movies on the set so those ones didn't bother me too much