Import Anime Forums

Full Version: From one fan to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've currently purchased Inuyasha parts 1-4 (fx), Chobits (fx), and Rurouni Kenshin (fx). I loved them all and saved a bundle. I have an extensive collection from Lain, Gantz, X, Pretear and tons more. So. . . If anyone would like to make conversation regarding diverse anime, I'm all ears. I love all that is anime. Rolleyes
What do you think of gungrave?
geo85 Wrote:What do you think of gungrave?

I think I didn't like the way it ended... but then anime never does what you'd expect it to do, that's what makes it so fun!! It was bloody, violent, and I kept expecting the love story to be fulfilled... and my first assumption was totally wrong as to whose daughter she was...
you might get a kick out of
Trigun
FLCL
Outlaw Star

if you havent seen them

If you were really into Lain check out
Kino's Journey
geo85 Wrote:What do you think of gungrave?

One of the best animes i've ever seen for about the first 10 episodes. Then it starts going downhill a couple eps after brandon dies.
preeminent Wrote:I've currently purchased Inuyasha parts 1-4 (fx), Chobits (fx), and Rurouni Kenshin (fx). I loved them all and saved a bundle. I have an extensive collection from Lain, Gantz, X, Pretear and tons more. So. . . If anyone would like to make conversation regarding diverse anime, I'm all ears. I love all that is anime. Rolleyes

Have you watched Wolf's Rain? What did you think of the ending?

*SPOILER*

The way I see it, it's quite open to interpretation. I believe the world was destroyed and then rebuilt into what we may call 'our world'. I'm also under the impression that after all that Kiba was the only one who was aware he was a wolf but the others still felt something as he passed them by. Basicaly, 'Paradise' was a world where wolves could live peacefully among humans although they weren't aware of being wolves.

*ENDSPOILER*
I have yet to see all of GunGrave. :o I do own Lain and TriGun, Rockn' stuff. I do love Gantz and are currently snappn' up each one as they are released. I recommend it to any GunGrave fan. TONS OF GORE! It has some serious content as well. If you've been viewing it on demand you have missed soooo much. About 35% if not more is cut due to younger viewers. I can't blame them either. This work of art is not for children. The volumes only have 2 epiodes on them. The content makes it well worth the 10 $pot. Unique stuff. It's nice not to veiw the same old story line for a change. Big Grin
What is Gantz about? It looks pretty intresting. I am currently watching Gungrave and likeing it so far. Not sure if I would buy it yet?...

well, thats what I have to say..
gungrave is my favorite, it has a beautiful ending, and i always get choked up about it, it shows how much we really cared and valued his friendship despite what has happened over the years, including his own death, and subsequent resurection. i dont think that it could have ended any other way, by fay the best anime ending, and i have a lot and seen a lot
I can't give out the layout of Gantz without spoilers and I would hate to do that to you. It was on demand for awhile but I think that they took it off due to the nudity and violence. That version was butchered any way. It left out key substance needed in fully understanding the story line. It's inexpensive to buy and worth every penny. I recommend it to anyone interested in something new and very very very morbid. In a way it will make you question your humanity. :eek: Not for the weak of heart. Decapitation is swell and dandy. If you agree you will have your fill just with the first episode! Don't lose your head Rolleyes
kanedaestes Wrote:gungrave is my favorite, it has a beautiful ending, and i always get choked up about it, it shows how much we really cared and valued his friendship despite what has happened over the years, including his own death, and subsequent resurection. i dont think that it could have ended any other way, by fay the best anime ending, and i have a lot and seen a lot

Agreed that the ending rocked. I should said one of the best animes until brandon died + the ending is cool. Everything inbetween was kinda boring.