Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Suggestions............O_o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok I'm looking for something new to buy and watch... I need some suggestions to help me weed through th reviews..

I like Love Hina and Oh My Goddess, anything along those lines would be very good..

I also liked Berserk, and Rouruni Kenshin (sp?) a lot...

I was thinking Samurai 7 as one but any opnions would be greatly appreciated!!

BTW Hello again after a long time away!
Jesus Crist!

You, long time no see man.

Anyways, have you covered the bases like Ninja Scroll?
Hey man!
Welcome back!
I've got Samurai Champloo if you want to run up here and borrow it. I could use some good car advice from you too.
383-2772 if you forgot the number... I'll be around all weekend... you can see my new Corolla too.
To Batz, Yes I am back... and yes I've seen most of the more popular animes like Ninja Scroll and so on.. BTW nice sig!! :p

Zag, Sure I'll try to give you a call saturday...

I'ts good to be back at things.. hopefully I can get back into the anime swing and watch, review and post here more often!
-=WarArieS=- Wrote:ok I'm looking for something new to buy and watch... I need some suggestions to help me weed through th reviews..

I like Love Hina and Oh My Goddess, anything along those lines would be very good..

I also liked Berserk, and Rouruni Kenshin (sp?) a lot...

I was thinking Samurai 7 as one but any opnions would be greatly appreciated!!

BTW Hello again after a long time away!

Well since you haven't gotten many suggestions.. I'll see what I can do... although you'll have to look into them to see if they are the type of anime you'd like...

Figure 17 (13 epi. this is a rather unique anime in each episode is 40 mins. long, and it is almost 2 animes in one... you have the typical young schoolgirl (age is around 8) and her life after her mother has died, new school, new friends, etc... (which at first I didn't enjoy those segments, but as the storyline unfolds, those became more integrated into the storyline) and then you throw in an alien that has crashed landed on the planet with a live monster that gets loose and has to be destroyed... but of course its multiplied and adapted way too well to Earth, then add alien technology for a fighting space suit called Ribers which enhances the wearer... and is almost a seperate entity in itself... add in one very frightened little girl that has found the crash site and the results are quite surprising... an excellent anime)

Angel Tales/Tails (sort of a harem type anime, 1 guy, 12 girls of various ages that used to be pets and have come back to take care of their master. 13 epi. for first season, 11 for the 2nd, and a more adult (fighting) spin off called St. Beast TV Series 6 epi. (subs on this one from either company have bad timing and are almost non-existant on the last episode.. frown.. anybody got a fansub of the last episode??)

Sister Princess RePure (this one is somewhat strange since you have 1 guy with 12 sisters not living together, various ages, who all want to spend time with him, isn't much plot to this one, just episodes about each one and a little background... 13 epi.)

Green Green TV Series (this is ecchi... and somewhat cute, and funny... girls go to an all boys school to spend a month to decide if it will work to desegregate the schools... add in a sub plot of girl/boy past life not being together, and so want to do so in this life... unfortunately the boy doesn't remember... and hilarity ensues as the girl is determined to remind him)

Ok, that's enough for the first couple of animes you liked... now lets get into some of the others...

Tenjou Tenge (24 epi. this is a fight anime with a nice storyline, a lot of the epi. are spent on the past, but doesn't start out that way... no definite ending to this one, although there is an OVA out as well... this is an excellent one, and I'm not into fighting, but the characters are easy to identify with, even the bad ones... so picking a side is hard... laugh.. or for that matter, picking a main character!!)

Gungrave (26 epi. this is graphically violent, plenty of blood and killing, storyline is good, the ending is expected but I didn't like it, this is about a couple of young kids getting into the mafia and rising in the ranks, with a side plot of a young couple not being able to be together due to social differences, another excellent anime...

Chrno Crusade (24 epi. somewhat of a fight anime, although humans battling demons, with a demon on their side... good vs bad type scenario, interesting characters, plenty of mystery, that does eventually get solved (unlike Spiral..laugh) has funny moments, along with serious ones... a good anime all around)

Get Backers (49 epi. another fighting anime, but it doesn't center around the fighting, a couple of guys run a business to "get back" anything that was taken, stolen or lost... and various people they meet on the way... there is a major background storyline that you get pieces of thru the whole series till it ends in a blazing finally... very good series, plenty of comedy and action)

DN Angel (26 epi. story of a boy who comes of age and becomes the legendary thief, Dark, who is a totally different personality ... and his attempts at evading the police, developing a relationship with a close friend, and her sister, thanks to Dark's interference, and combating evil artifacts and an arch enemy, who transforms as well... conflict ensues when the boys try to become friends.. very good series as well)

Well that's a few for each category... you've probably seen most of them... if there's any you're particularly interested in, you can check my anime list in my sig... anything marked with an X I've seen... O I haven't seen... and yes, I know there's a lot... esp. in the not seen category... laugh... It's hard to suggest anime not knowing what someone has already seen or not... like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, etc... laugh...
-=WarArieS=- Wrote:I like Love Hina and Oh My Goddess, anything along those lines would be very good..
You've seen the OVA and are currently watching the TV series to AMG right? Anyway:

'Ai Yori Aoshi' & 'Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~'
'Mahou Sensei Negima'
'Onegai Teacher' ('Onegai Twins' only if you're really bored out of your mind... Same goes for the 'Mini Goddesses' XP... but that one parody reference to 'Berserk' was pretty funny... I think it was on ep.31 if i'm not mistaken... )
... so yeah, there are so many to list but you get the idea.
Hmmm from what you said you like here is some idea's I think you might like

ninja scroll
chobbits
Mahoromatic

These three I think most closely fit
How about something like Cowboy Bebop or Trigun as well as Outlaw star, probable 3 of my personal favorites- there all a little old but all great ! Smile
Peacemaker Kurogane (Peacemaker in the U.S.) is pretty good.
WarAries and I got together today and I hooked him up with Wolf's Rain, Elfen Lied and Max Headroom (ok... so that isn't anime but it's still worth watching).
Zagatto Wrote:WarAries and I got together today and I hooked him up with Wolf's Rain, Elfen Lied and Max Headroom (ok... so that isn't anime but it's still worth watching).

Laugh... Max Headroom... that is debatable... anyway... Wolf's Rain is good, I'd heard Elfen Lied was bloody and violent, but since I hadn't seen it yet, I'd forgotten to comment on it... there's a ton of anime out there to fit anybodies tastes... or lack thereof! laugh...
Both my recommendations are for the second catagory of your series:

I would recommend X - TV Series (24 episodes + prequel OVA). You've probably seen it, but it's about a guy that has the power to decide what to do with the world. It's a quite dark series in terms of colours and mood. I woudn't recommend the movie version of this series since it isn't as good as the series. In fact it might keep you from wanting to watch the series. One last thing on this series, the OVA is the first episode of the series, but I wouldn't watch it before the series since it contains a lot of spoilers.

Next I would recommend the serie Shingetsutan Tsukihime (12 or 13 episodes). It is also known as Lunar Legend Tsukihime. It has some mysteries in it and there is fighting though this is fairly limited. If you want to know more about the story you could look at animenewsnetwork.com. I won't say to much about this serie since I might accidentally include some spoilers.

Well, I hope this helps a bit.
Thank you very much for all your suggestions.. now I at least have a starting points for reading reviews and such. O_O soooo much to read, so little time....