Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Karas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Tatsunoko's is looking to create something different with KARAS that will leave a lasting impression, and create ripples throughout the animation industry. Their aim is to create a new hero for the 21st century in the same vein as Gatchaman and Casshan.

Keiichi Sato is the director and original planner for KARAS, a suspense story that takes place in a future Tokyo haunted by ghosts. Sato said, "I wanted to create an anime with high-speed camera like, stop motion direction. Fusion of 2D and 3D isn't usually used for anime characters except for motion capturing. I'm not trying to imitate human movement, I think I managed to create a new charm, using 3D as a technique to enhance the characters in an anime-esque way, different to what has been done till now. Rather than realism I aimed for coolness. I am very satisfied with part 1."

Chief of production, Kuri Ippei stated, "For our 40th anniversary work we used a high budget since we wanted to create something we can be proud of. I believe it is important to always challenge yourself with something new, that's why we tried to create a new experience combining 2D and 3D animation. We have created many heroes until now, but we wanted to create a cool new hero for the 21st century."

KARAS will be released monthly in 6 half-hour parts starting with the first DVD on the 28th of May.

After watching the trailer I want to watch Karas badly| It looks absolutely awesome! You can find the subbed trailer here: http://www.anime-kraze.org/index.php?page=releases or you can see some pictures here: http://www.thekaras.net/gallery/
Since the first DVD is going to be released Saturday in Japan the first episode should soon be available for download.
Awah!!! That seriously does look awesome..Now I am curious about this anime..*_*
Looks pretty good, to early to be 100% sure but it looks quality animation wise comparable to Last Exile. My only hope is that the animation is not to cover up a average or bland story, but compliments it