Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Scrapped Princess: worth buying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that i finally have the money Rolleyes Im considering buying scrapped princess.
the dvd itself is $33CDN and the volume with the figure is $52CDN so im wondering... is it really worth paying the extra $19 for the figure? (I really love figures Big Grin )
lol weird I just watch the entire series in two days just finished an hour ago.. :eek:

I have to say the series is quite good not as good as Bones other work Rahxephon but better than Wolf Rain. The series has good character development you get know the main characters very well and there all likeable. Scrapped Princess actually has a better ending than Rahxephon did because it shows us what happen with the characters at the end unlike Rahxephon which is what annoyed me with Rahxephon's ending.

Oh and not to give to much info lets just say Scrapped Princess half way turns a bit into EVA/Rahxephon/Escaflowne. Cool

Would I recommend buying this series heck yeah I would, overall the series in my opinion gets an A Grade in percentage wise %97.8.
What kinda title is it? I see it at the store and it looks kinda like a pervy actionish show. Is it very pervy? I hate those kinda shows, especially when I think my girlfriend would actually like the series. Second she sees bouncing boobs all over she thinks i'm a perv and won't watch it.
Cidien Wrote:What kinda title is it? I see it at the store and it looks kinda like a pervy actionish show. Is it very pervy? I hate those kinda shows, especially when I think my girlfriend would actually like the series. Second she sees bouncing boobs all over she thinks i'm a perv and won't watch it.

No it's not pervy or ecchi nor does it have that anime boob bounce which you mostly find in Gonzo's anime gotta love Gonzo with their bouncy boobs in their anime. Rolleyes

So no you won't hate this show and your GF will likely love this series. :o
I definitely intend to at least pick up the first vol. with the figure just so that I can have the box. R1's are expensive as is....personally, I don't need a figure to jack up the price anymore. Although I think Pacifica is pretty cute for an anime character, as a toy figure, somehow I don't think so. Wink

I can't wait to pick this series up. Kind of sucks having to wait two months for each release though. :mad: I think I'm actually looking forward to the english dub...looks like some decent voice actors are in it.

Well I hope Pacifica will do a good job protecting my dvd collection when I get my starter set. Big Grin
Strong Bad 2000 Wrote:I definitely intend to at least pick up the first vol. with the figure just so that I can have the box. R1's are expensive as is....personally, I don't need a figure to jack up the price anymore. Although I think Pacifica is pretty cute for an anime character, as a toy figure, somehow I don't think so. Wink

I can't wait to pick this series up. Kind of sucks having to wait two months for each release though. :mad: I think I'm actually looking forward to the english dub...looks like some decent voice actors are in it.

Well I hope Pacifica will do a good job protecting my dvd collection when I get my starter set. Big Grin

actually, from what iv heard, the box that comes with the dvd and the figure is really flimsy and is really only made for holding the figure... so if you dont want the figure then ur probably better off just buying the regular vol 1.
The series is pretty lame. I watched it over a year ago, and I felt it was a waste of time. It tries to be a fantasy series, but also ended up being a futuristic post-apocolyptic story with mechs. The story is weak, the characters lack development, and the music bland. I'd avoid this series like the plague, especially if money is required. There are much better series out there.
i thought it was very good the first half, went downhill the second half with silly robots and machines and stuff.

If you haven't seen vision of escaflowne get that instead...

Still, its a good title, 7ish/10 rating, but I give escaflowne 9/10
seeing this reminded me of Metropolis

you should see that if you havn't it's great and worth the r1

thats all

peace
I actually thought the anime was pretty decent, considering the entire story was summarized in 24 episodes. But I much rather prefer the original novel (not the manga... for the love of god stay away from the manga!). The transition from novel to anime had its issues of omitting a lot of important detail from Pacifica's past and the characters that surround her. So, I guess this is one of those titles that will only appeal to a certain audience. Worth buying? I'd say rent if you have the opportunity ^_~
im really looking forward to the manga... whats wrong with it?

yeh, s.p was good rpg type thing in the first half, 9/10 but it went all silly in the end, what a giant let down 7/10.
BONES = Fucking Fantastic Anime Studio (FMA, Wolfs Rain, Rahxephon, CB movie, Mars Daybreak)

Its a great series very diffrent i thought and had some funny moments v.1 is out now there is a box with the main character as well out now its cool i got that set.

-LE