Import Anime Forums

Full Version: have you seen this LA title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just ordered the LA film CASSHERN last night and aside from what I saw from the official film website wanted to know what anybody who has seen the film already thought of it
Its loosely based on the 70's anime and 90's OAV, the visuals are stunning, the story is not that great, but seriously the special effects make up for it.
so not a bad pick up then for the 13$ with shipping I paid for it then?
Nope, I picked mine up for 7 in Chinatown.
Payed 13 for mine too. Not a great movie. Cool character and a couple great battles. Other than that it kinda sucks. Worth seeing for the visuals - but not the story.
I picked this one up about 7 months ago. The effects are pretty good and I kind of liked the story. This is one of the few Japanese films I actually like. Though I thought some of the events were a little vague. I did not know that there was an anime or ova out before this, does the movie do a good job of portraying the original story?
Like most of us here I usually go for the bang bang Kung Fu type films but this is really my first stab at seeing what else is out there I want to check out some of the recent Sci Fi and real drama and comedy coming from Asia right now. I am still getting martial arts films like The Returner and The Storm Riders which I got some time ago but want to see the other artistic side also