Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The real scar face
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watch a lot of old movies so I watch tcm and amc a lot and the other day I watched the 1932 scarface. I totally loved the movie, masterpeice!! Has anyone else seen it? After seeing this the newer scarface really seemed like crap even though I did not like it in the first place. Does anyone know if they are supposed to be based on the same character. Also does anyone know if the original is based on an actual person. A referance to the tommy gun from the 30's being called the chicago typewriter was in the movie. This made me even more interested after unlocking the gun in re4.
geo85 Wrote:I watch a lot of old movies so I watch tcm and amc a lot and the other day I watched the 1932 scarface. I totally loved the movie, masterpeice!! Has anyone else seen it? After seeing this the newer scarface really seemed like crap even though I did not like it in the first place. Does anyone know if they are supposed to be based on the same character. Also does anyone know if the original is based on an actual person. A referance to the tommy gun from the 30's being called the chicago typewriter was in the movie. This made me even more interested after unlocking the gun in re4.
As far as i remember being told in a drug education class, the old movie was based on the drug lord who died of a STD..
Sorry, but I didn't really care, so I didn't put it to memory.