Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Good war movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Need some ideas for some good war movies. Movies with awesome battle scenes. Not movies like the longest day. Great movie, but not what i'm looking for. Here's a list of what I have or want already. Fighter plane movies or subs are cool too.

The last samurai
the thin red line (sucks)
patton
braveheart
lord of the rings 1-3
top gun
final mission
iron eagle 1-3
crimson tide
the hunt for red october
saving private ryan
band of brothers
black hawk down
pearl harbor
k-19
live from baghdad
das boot
the pianist
glory
gods and generals
uprising
we were soldiers
the messenger
first knight

Can any of you guys think of any other good war movies?
the patriot is good btw if you want a great war anime check out grave of the fireflies but blue gender has some really great war action
Cyrus Wrote:the patriot is good btw if you want a great war anime check out grave of the fireflies but blue gender has some really great war action

I second the Patriot that was a great movie one of the only war films ive enjoyed.
i know this isn't really a war movie but they have a great action scene

ARMY OF DARKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya I just got the patriot, forgot to write that. Couple more I forgot to write are gladiator and troy. Have army of darkness too lol. Not really a war movie, but still a great movie. =P
Cidien Wrote:Ya I just got the patriot, forgot to write that. Couple more I forgot to write are gladiator and troy. Have army of darkness too lol. Not really a war movie, but still a great movie. =P

DAMN RIGHT! Army of Darkness is a classic Big Grin
Apocalypse Now ... if you like f***** up Vietnam movies that is. Big Grin
Enemy at the Gates is ok...
Platoon is pretty good.
Full Metal Jacket is funny.
They all have action scenes... whether they're good or not is your opinion. :p
A really good war movie is Taegukgi. It was a very huge hit 2 years ago...... ^_^
ladysilverice Wrote:Apocalypse Now ... if you like f***** up Vietnam movies that is. Big Grin
Enemy at the Gates is ok...
Platoon is pretty good.
Full Metal Jacket is funny.
They all have action scenes... whether they're good or not is your opinion. :p

Ya, also forgot to write enemy at the gates and say no crapass vietnam movies. We were soldiers is great, but I don't know of a single other vietnam movie that's any good. Platoon, Platoon Leader and Full Metal Jacket are crap. =/
ok... if you're going to say that Platoon and Full Metal Jacket are crap I want to know why. Those are two of my all time favourite war movies. FMJ in particular was a very strong movie that really got inside the heads of the soldiers.

I have to admit that I haven't seen Platoon since it was originally in the theatres but I sure remember being moved by it at the time.
I liked those movies until I learned a lot of what they showed the soldiers doing was crap. I don't like movies that misrepresent what actually happens, especially when they make the soldiers look bad. They're decent movies, but not if you take as semi-historical pictures. Iron Triangle is another example of that.

Most of our country has a warped view of what actually happened over in Vietnam because of movies like those.
Yea, I'll agree that some of the stuff in them is crap, but I don't feel like arguing so I'll leave it at that. If you want a good Vietnam movie that isn't crap, try Hamburger Hill.
Tears of the Sun is another good war movie.
Forgot about both of those. Hamburger Hill is pretty good. The characters go a little too insane.... but still pretty good. Tears of the Sun I remember watching when it came out, but I can't even remember what it's about. Gonna have to pick that one up next I think. Thanks.
i'll trade ya hamburger hill Big Grin lol
I'll just rent and burn that one I think. =P
Pages: 1 2