Import Anime Forums

Full Version: eBay and some weird sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
pill Wrote:I dont really know that much about mainland China releases, but I got told that China did not sign the Bern convention, therefore nothing that is made in China is truly legit (which copyright owner would allow such imperfection in subbing?). I am really surprised that yesasia.com (from which I already ordered some dvds, such as both Kill Bills) says that this is *legit*, and yet it costs less than 2 single licensed GTO dvds from Japan. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I don't believe you, but I really do not understand everything.. the word 'Licensed' is what makes something legit/non-legit, right?

Anyway, for the price I paid, this GTO set owns all HK 5DVD sets, image quality wise, that's for sure.
China is a signatory to the Berne Convention. Even if it wasn't, it would not follow that nothing made in China could be legitimate.

I can release something and have it copyrighted and have crap subtitles all the way through. Even some Hollywood movies have spelling errors in their subtitles, just that they are much more professional and it happens rarely.

Even Ghibli's own DVDs have some spelling errors in their english subtitles.

Is the publisher of your GTO set Sima Culture? If so then it probably is legit. Makes me wonder though since it has cantonese audio on it...
Pages: 1 2