Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Greenzap: the new PayPal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I haven't been able to find much buzz about Greenzap yet but they claim to be the next form of electronic payment coming to the internet. They claim that everyone who pre-registers will be given a free $25 and every person that responds to your referral will get an additional $5.

They don't ask for anything confidential so I'm not too worried about submitting the information they ask for.

If you've got a few minutes and don't mind the potential of me getting $5 from referring you then click on http://www.greenzap.com/szilvagyi and fill out the form. The best that can happen is that you get some electronic money to spend. The worst that can happen is yet another name data base gets your name and mailing address.
I went ahead and signed up. I didn't have anything better to do at this moment. Wink
we'll see if it's something real or not...

I've done some more research and it's looking more and more like a set up for some kind of bigger scam down the road. The biggest clincher is that the domain was registered using GoDaddy.com as the registrar. Not exactly first choice for a company that is going to start out at least $25 million in the hole.
If it can't be used on ebay, then I don't bother signing up :p
The claim is that it will be compatible with EBay, ITunes and just about any other service that you can currently use PayPal with.

Keep in mind that so far all that are being made are claims. The official "launch" is still scheduled for over a month away and only time will tell whether or not Greenzap is a legit company.
Zagatto Wrote:The claim is that it will be compatible with EBay, ITunes and just about any other service that you can currently use PayPal with.

You can use paypal with Itunes? What's the point? Surely you would have to have a card to use paypal? You would just be paying for paypal charges you don't have to. Or am I missing something?