Import Anime Forums

Full Version: MI Disc Holders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I was wondering if I am the only one whos had MAJOR problems with their disc clips. What has happened to EVERY set ive gotten is that the clips have broken and ive had to adjust them to get the disc to stay. It's hard to explain but ill try what im forced to do is pull the thing next to the clip on the right side up and hold it over the disc. Ive had at least 6-8 problems like that and the only one thats been fine was the second Fushigi Yuugi box if I remember right. So has anyone else had this problem or am I just cursed?
I too have sometimes broken disc holders, but not as often as you.
My problems are just minor ones, since I don't have to adjust the holder to make the discs stay in them.

I guess you're at least partly cursed.
Im the same, The MI sets have the clips that sometimes don't even clip back when you want to put back the disc, aswell as after taking the disc from a set a few time (good example is my Fist of The North Star Part 1 set) the clip just snaps off Sad

Ahhh Poooh
Ive tried sanding the ridge slightly so they dont break off, not as tight but they work-i guess we dont deserve good disc holders when we buy HK sets ? Ive had to hold afew of them in with tape so they wouldnt move around and get scratched - I like MI's holders, Im getting use to grabbing the center with a paper clip so they lock- Their a PITA but their better that the hard plastic type on Macs. Cool
It is true that MAC's holders are the hard plastic type and they hold dvds really well, but after taking the disks out and putting them in a lot, the grip of the disk holders start losing their touch. So sometimes i end up with disks falling out, for example with my Steel Angel Kurumi dvd set and my ceres set. I like MI's old disk holders for example: Comic Party MI has the thing where you have to push the little clip in a bit and the disk pop out. i like that wayyyyy better than the push ones they use right now.
Oh for heaven's sakes... get you some of those replacement hubs and fix the problem once and for all!! CJV has them, or you can get them off of the web, they come in white, clear and black colors... just pop out the MI ones (M locks?) they come out easy enough and put the replacement hub in... you just pull off the backing and it has sticky glue on it.