Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The concept of beauty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was watching a tv show today and they were asking people on the streets what their concept of beauty was. I thought that was a pretty interesting subject for us to talk about here, especially because nowadays the media flood us with images of what "should be considered beautiful".
So, what is beauty to you, both inner and outer beauty? Do you agree with the media?
The media has gotten alot better as far a beauty is concerned. People like Kate Moss are no longer consider that attractive, whereas Beyonce with a little meat on her bones is. I'm all down for that, because I'm an ass man, and I'm not into real skinny girls. As far as personality, I don't think the media has a clue as to what is beautiful; for example girls like Paris Hilton, who has the personality of a squash is viewed as beautiful. I do have respect for her after watching her video, but seriously what the hell is any guy in their right mind going to talk to her about; politics, the fall of the Roman empire, the industrial revolution....ummm probably not. Right now the media has Jessica and Nick, and Posh and Beckahm, Brad and Jennifer, as their beautiful people; I don't think the girls are that beautiful, but I have to admit Brad and Beckam are some handsome men. Personality goes a long way, most girls become more attractive to me the longer I get to know them, and some girls that are beautiful that have an ugly personality just become plain ugly. I usually am attracted to girls that are animal lovers, smart, open minded, and loves to do physical things. So nice personality with some junk in the trunk for me.
Evilomar, you and I are quite alike. Im an ass guy too, and I hate Paris Hilton. I have no idea how anyone can find her attractive, it boggles the mind. For me I find athletic girls really attractive. Not ones that have huge muscles, but a girl that has some tone to her, like say girls that play soccer. As for personality, I like girls that I can actually talk to. There are so many girls that are attractive, then when you try to have a conversation, they have no idea what youre talking about. I also really like girls that love animals, people who like animals are usually very kind hearted, plus I love animals as well. Thats all I can think of at the moment. Im off to class!!
Well, just as a side note I'd like to say that Kate Moss was never considered attractive. In the fashion world she was known to be uglier and shorter than her co-workers. It was that difference that made her so famous. I actually think she looks much prettier nowadays, although I still don't think she's a beautiful person.

As far as outer beauty goes I don't seem to share your opinions. I think Beyonce is a very beautiful woman but I don't like her body. I think there's a limit to how big a woman's curves should be and that butt of hers is just huge in my opinion. That said, I don't like to see skinny women either. I can say that my ideal of female beauty are Victoria's Secrets models and lingerie models in general. Those women are thin in an athletic way, they have feminine curves, generous breasts and round, full butts. When it comes to facial beauty women like Angelina Jolie, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Adriana Lima are goddesses.
As far as men go, I find both Beckham and Brad very attractive but I prefer dark haired men (Tom Cruise is the perfect example of a man I find gorgeous) and I think Brad isn't aging very well. I don't like men that have huge muscles, I prefer an athletic figure.
I suppose I'm frivolous when it comes to female beauty because I'll judge a woman's beauty based almost completely on looks alone while to me a man's personality is very important to determine beauty. In order to please me a man must show confidence in himself, he must know what he wants. I like the type of man that's strong but nice and gentle and he must also be able to deal with my strong personality. There are men who can't deal with strong women. Intelligence and culture are extremely important to me! It's like you said Evilomar, we have to be able to keep a conversation with the other person. And I can't abide by people that are prejudiced and don't like animals (well, Nature in general)!

I agree with you that, fortunately, the media have gotten alot better. Even the fashion world now demands models that have some meat on their bones unlike the unhealthy models of some years ago. We're back to the time of models like Cindy Crawford and Elle Macpherson. But like you said as well they don't have a clue as to what is a beautiful personality. According to the media nowadays it seems that to be dumb is good. That's just shameful.
-spike- Wrote:and I hate Paris Hilton. I have no idea how anyone can find her attractive, it boggles the mind.

I don't hate her but I also don't understand how people find her attractive.
Personality just about spells it all out. I remember finding some girls to be beautiful, yet over time I've watched their personalities change & although they look exactly the same & they are still quite well looking at that, I wouldn't touch'em with a ten foot pole.

Personality wise, I like people who are open & have a sense of humor, sadly it hard to find either of the two that are on par to myself, I count 5-7 maybe 10 girls I've ever met that could keep up with my level of openess.

as for stars, most often it's a bunch of ugly b!tches & the one who hides their flaws the best get all the attention, & money speaks way to loudly.
Personally, I find the female form beautiful as long as it's well taken care of. It's not a matter of what you look like, or how tall or big you are, it's how you carry yourself. Which goes hand in hand with personality. Since my pregnancy, I've had these "evil" stretch marks that cover my stomach. I had another girl tell me that she thought the stretch marks were beautiful, because of what they stood for. I've had to learn to be comfortable and confindent in my body all over again.
Now as far as guys are considered, I've never really found the male form to be as nearly beautiful as the female form. Thus, I like a guy with brains who can keep up intellectually. I like being able to have intellectual intercourse...I know it sounds odd, but that's what it amounts to when his intellect turns me on. I'm so glad I did find someone who suited me perfectly...*cough* Schultz *cough*
A mind is what truly is beautiful.
Ka-Talliya Wrote:I had another girl tell me that she thought the stretch marks were beautiful, because of what they stood for.
I tried to tell my ex-girlfriend that about all the scars on her arm, she just said I was weird.
I don?t find many famous people attractive, but there are a few that I think are good looking. Yasmine Bleath (SP?) was very pretty when she was in. Sheryl Crow is awesome. Oh, and that chick from A Knight's Tale and 40 Days and 40 Nights Shannyn Sossamon is the single hottest girl in movies! And what Andromeda18 said about Tom Cruse is right; I would love to age as gracefully as him. And I wouldn?t mind having a few of Val Kilmer?s features either.

But it?s not personality that gives me a problem with celebrities; it is simply not many girls of my physical type exist in the realm of the rich and famous. Mid-length black health hair, shorter, glasses, green eyes and a smile that shines is what I find to be my personal favorite features and most of those characteristics aren?t even in the mindset of most famous girls.

However, I don?t even include personality when it comes to beauty of famous people, just looks. Personal beauty is a whole other ballgame, and personality reigns. By the sounds of it, no one here can stand mental impotence, and I?m no different. I find smart girls to be the sexiest girls alive. If a girl can talk about a subject that I am familiar with, and blow away my knowledge of it, my heart starts to beat a little faster. Of course if she is just doing it to brag or try to humiliate me, it is different, but if it is in conversation, I become really interested in the girl.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:especially because nowadays the media flood us with images of what "should be considered beautiful".
So, what is beauty to you, both inner and outer beauty? Do you agree with the media?

If by 'media' you mean 'Playboy', then I totally agree with the media. Big Grin
Playboy, I only read that for the articles. Rolleyes Big Grin
I'm more of an equal proportions, face and personality of kinda guy. lol I've met some of the cutest girls that had the personality of the chimps at the zoo. I'm glad they did throw feces at me. :p

For me beauty is all about be natural. Every time I see stuff like over-done nose jobs and boobs that out do the hips I just wanna look away. I think the standard of beauty has gone down abit to normal stuff but then again it's all about what people will accept.

As far as stretch marks are concerned coconut butter lotion is supposed to help get rid of 'em. Strecth marks are scar tissue so there isn't much to do except lift weights or something to fill back in the gaps.
Personality goes a long way.All people are beautifull in their own way.Somtimes it just takes getting to know a person or spending more time with them to see it.
Allthough i dont have much faith in people and am picky about smoking and drugs(Probably why im single).I dont smoke or drink.In fact i hate smoking.Smoking basicly rules out at least half of woman in my area(around my age).Minus drugs and another chunk are gone.I have no problem with drinking though.Its not a persons looks that put me off.But bad personality,drugs and smoking pretty much rule out most i meet.
Sometimes instict pays off Eg: We had a new girl start work that had recently started work for us.She was attractive in a girly/cute sort of way but after 5 mins of talking to her i decided she was bad news.Everyone was giving me grief, saying she liked me (Im like the most dense person in the world at relationships and cant tell for the life of me when im getting hit on/flirted with) Turns out my first instinct was right.She was on p.She turned out to be major psycho.
Ive allready lost a few friends to drugs.And i know several people inclueding a grandmother who are currently dieing from smoking.Probably why i feel so strongly about them.Plus drugs are a personality changer.

EDIT:Looking at my sig after posting this Smile I had to reasure myself about my personality statement Smile
Ka-Talliya Wrote:It's not a matter of what you look like, or how tall or big you are, it's how you carry yourself.

Blight Wrote:But it?s not personality that gives me a problem with celebrities;

I don't really have a problem with the personality of celebrities either simply because I don't know them and if I don't know them than I can't judge their personality. However, 75% of communication between human beings is body language and only 25% is verbal communication. That's why I agree with Ka-Talliya. A person that in my opinion is a good example of that is Angelina Jolie. There's something about her, about the way she moves that's just fantastic. She's the sexiest woman I've ever seen. I'm heterosexual yet that "je ne sais quoi" she has is a real turn on. The funny thing is I think that sort of thing has a lot to do with age. Angelina wasn't like that when she was younger. I think that for a woman to be that sexy she can't have the typical freshness of the early 20's.

Blight Wrote:I don?t find many famous people attractive, but there are a few that I think are good looking. Yasmine Bleath (SP?) was very pretty when she was in. Sheryl Crow is awesome. Oh, and that chick from A Knight's Tale and 40 Days and 40 Nights Shannyn Sossamon is the single hottest girl in movies! And what Andromeda18 said about Tom Cruse is right; I would love to age as gracefully as him. And I wouldn?t mind having a few of Val Kilmer?s features either.

I also used to think Yasmine Bleeth was very beautiful but after seeing her recently in Baywatch I realized she always looked like she hadn't had a night's sleep in a very long time. Those dark circles under her eyes made her look very weird. Now Shannyn Sossamon is absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't agree with you more. And yeah, Tom Cruise is not only amazing but he is aging very well, he's has hot as ever.

Blight Wrote:Mid-length black health hair, shorter, glasses, green eyes and a smile that shines is what I find to be my personal favorite features and most of those characteristics aren?t even in the mindset of most famous girls.

With the exception of the green eyes and in most cases the glasses that sounds just like the description of a Japanese girl. Big Grin

Vicious Wrote:If by 'media' you mean 'Playboy', then I totally agree with the media. Big Grin

But did you know that unlike the other media, Playboy has been showing women that are much thinner and much less volumptous than some years ago?

tsunami Wrote:For me beauty is all about be natural. Every time I see stuff like over-done nose jobs and boobs that out do the hips I just wanna look away.

I agree with you, natural is beautiful. That doesn't mean a woman shouldn't wear make up or something like that but when their breasts are fake, their lips are fake and they just look plastic thats's not very beautiful.

wrxh8r Wrote:Allthough i dont have much faith in people and am picky about smoking and drugs(Probably why im single).

I feel the same way. To me the use of drugs reveals a weak character and I just don't like smoke.
Interesting question Andromeda physical beauty I really can?t say it?s a subject that?s too hard to judge depends on the individual but I agree all the implants and things of that sort are pretty pointless. But personality is an easier subject for me stupid girls are not attractive at all it would be like trying to have a conversation with a brick wall so intelligence is a big factor because no matter how nice or anything like that a girl maybe if they can?t hold a conversation it would be pretty pointless to try. Patience and kindness are huge factors and I get along best with people who are animal lovers my entire family is that way. There?s probably a lot more but I can?t think right now?

Smoking truly is a disgusting habit as others have said and drugs are very bad as well. The other thing is I can?t stand anyone who always depends on someone else because that shows that one lacks any strength which is pretty pitiful but that?s just my view. Now as far as the media image goes there are mixed feelings on that and it?s really hard to say.
Pages: 1 2