Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Are the following Sets in True Dolby Digital 5.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if you own the set and have a relatively high end sound setup plz help

Trigun Perfect Collection
Outlaw Star FX
Gasaraki
Escaflowne FX

I wanna know because the Cowboy Bebop perfect collection I had
was only in Dolby Pro Logic

Thanks
how come nobody knows?
not even the guys that sell all this anime?
what's going on?
I don't own any of these sets but in my limited experience I can tell you that most 3 dvd sets of 26 episodes do not have real 5.1. Also the Fx sets contain 2 audio tracks so I doubt they had any room left to make it 5.1

The only HKDVDs I own that have true 5.1 are usually direct rips where they did not need to compress to much video into one dvd(movies and OVA sets are a good example - some of them even claimed it had DTS).

I hope this will help you.
These are the dvds I own that have true 5.1 :
Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust (MAC)
Spirited Away (1 DVD - MAC)
My Neighbours the Yamadas (MAC - didn't really check the whole thing out but it sounded good to me)
Cowboy Bebop The Movie (MI)

As you can see they are all movies. All the MAC movies CLAIMED to have DTS.
I have a Panasonic/Technic receiver (5 x 100 watt peak) with a five set Athena speakers (two towers, two bookselves and a center speaker) and an Athena subwoofer (150 watt RMS - 400 watt peak) with a Panasonic DVD player with an optical output (which I use of course Tongue ).

If anyone knows of any other set with TRUE 5.1 surround sound please post them here.
How can you tell?
In true 5.1 the speakers can be controlled independantly. The best example is with the back speakers, if something (lets say a bullet) on the screen goes from left to right, with 5.1 the sound should also go from left too right. True 5.1 can make the left rear speaker play a sound while the others play something else.
Hmmmmm, I only have two speaker on my TV. Not sure if it would work right.
I doesn't matter then.
It's not surround sound but it sounds good none the less. So I'm happy. :mrgreen: