Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The middle finger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I thinking about how common giving the finger has become. I swear I remember how much I did it when I was younger and how no-one ever acted crazy about it. In fact today I saw people flippin each other off in traffic like 2 or 3 times today. But anyways a couple weeks ago I had a confrontation all over me giving someone the finger and this other person steps in trying to give me a whole bunch of lip over it. I guess I'm too laid back about the finger as I received it and given it yet I've thought nothing of it.

Do you guys ever go nuts over someone giving you the finger?
No it would be a waste of time and energy.
Me & one of my best buds used to sohw the finger rather than wave, till our mothers bitched us out about it :S
it doest really mean anything..ive never gone angry over it
who gives a f*ck...i'd much rather swear then use a gesture
tsunami Wrote:But anyways a couple weeks ago I had a confrontation all over me giving someone the finger and this other person steps in trying to give me a whole bunch of lip over it. I guess I'm too laid back about the finger as I received it and given it yet I've thought nothing of it.

Do you guys ever go nuts over someone giving you the finger?

What happened exactly? Me and my friends use it as a gruff goodbye and wave, so no I don't go nuts over it, just fly it back.
I used it a few weeks ago to this guy that drove by in his truck, i can't remember why. He turned around and shouted at me as i walked away with my GF. She was upset that i used it, but all that resulted was us walking away, and him wasting his time. I only get nonplussed when little middle school kids flip me off because they think they're cool. I sometimes think of just beating up little kids so they learn respect...meh.
gohan32 Wrote:I used it a few weeks ago to this guy that drove by in his truck, i can't remember why. He turned around and shouted at me as i walked away with my GF. She was upset that i used it, but all that resulted was us walking away, and him wasting his time. I only get nonplussed when little middle school kids flip me off because they think they're cool. I sometimes think of just beating up little kids so they learn respect...meh.
I honestly concur on that last half.
gohan32 Wrote:I used it a few weeks ago to this guy that drove by in his truck, i can't remember why. He turned around and shouted at me as i walked away with my GF. She was upset that i used it, but all that resulted was us walking away, and him wasting his time. I only get nonplussed when little middle school kids flip me off because they think they're cool. I sometimes think of just beating up little kids so they learn respect...meh.

Yeah but little kids won't learn respect unless you put them in a hospital and even than I have to wonder.
Puppet Master Wrote:Yeah but little kids won't learn respect unless you put them in a hospital and even than I have to wonder.
I've come close, but I can never bring myself to hurt someone smaller than me... :o .
onizuka17711 Wrote:I've come close, but I can never bring myself to hurt someone smaller than me... :o .

Yeah because the law protects the ignorant punks... :mad:
Puppet Master Wrote:Yeah because the law protects the ignorant punks... :mad:
Sad but true Sad
Well the situation I had with the shooting of the finger was over a sub-manager firing me for no reason and his female cronie being the one to get smart with me. So I left the store and she walks over to a wall lights up a cig while chatting to one of her friends. I went to my car while at the same time I shot one finger at her. (not two need mind you.) Rolleyes Anyways I wait two weeks come to pick my check for 3 days of work and what happens? The sub-manager stares me down from 15 feet away and I stare back as I have nothing to fear. I walked towards the door and then he comes to me in this bitchy voice "why did you give her the middle finger? she's a female." then he starts getting all red faced and he looks like he is going to have a heart attack and then in a even higher pitched voice says "leave now." :p But the fact is: "I didn't give him the finger and honestly it's none of his business". I swear I thought these people were adults that could handle a little finger.
tsunami Wrote:Well the situation I had with the shooting of the finger was over a sub-manager firing me for no reason and his female cronie being the one to get smart with me. So I left the store and she walks over to a wall lights up a cig while chatting to one of her friends. I went to my car while at the same time I shot one finger at her. (not two need mind you.) Rolleyes Anyways I wait two weeks come to pick my check for 3 days of work and what happens? The sub-manager stares me down from 15 feet away and I stare back as I have nothing to fear. I walked towards the door and then he comes to me in this bitchy voice "why did you give her the middle finger? she's a female." then he starts getting all red faced and he looks like he is going to have a heart attack and then in a even higher pitched voice says "leave now." :p But the fact is: "I didn't give him the finger and honestly it's none of his business". I swear I thought these people were adults that could handle a little finger.
So in shorts you finger the woman & the boss got jealous....please excuse my sad excuse for humor...I'm gonna go cry now..

(I've been mudding, it makes me hyper.)
tsunami Wrote:Well the situation I had with the shooting of the finger was over a sub-manager firing me for no reason and his female cronie being the one to get smart with me. So I left the store and she walks over to a wall lights up a cig while chatting to one of her friends. I went to my car while at the same time I shot one finger at her. (not two need mind you.) Rolleyes Anyways I wait two weeks come to pick my check for 3 days of work and what happens? The sub-manager stares me down from 15 feet away and I stare back as I have nothing to fear. I walked towards the door and then he comes to me in this bitchy voice "why did you give her the middle finger? she's a female." then he starts getting all red faced and he looks like he is going to have a heart attack and then in a even higher pitched voice says "leave now." :p But the fact is: "I didn't give him the finger and honestly it's none of his business". I swear I thought these people were adults that could handle a little finger.

If he had got in my face over that BS, I would have knocked his ass out. It was none of his business and WTF does it matter if she was a chick? If they are being, ahem, the ?C? word, then they deserve to have someone let them know about (as long as you don?t touch them Smile ). But at the very least I would have flipped him off and said "Give me my F'ing check you old Be-artch!"
To be honest I wanted some type of assault + battery so I could sue and at-least get some extra cash. lol
Pages: 1 2