Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Deep anime discounts at Best Buy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just when we had Best Buy figured out for their pricing schemes, they (at least the store where I was today) took at least half-off their old prices for some anime titles.

These, by the way, are current, first-run titles of series still being released -- not special collections or reissues.

And, in some cases, some titles are from companies where you expect to pay alot for their titles.

Examples include:

Popotan (Geneon) -- vol. 1: now $12.99; vol. 2 now $14.99 (orig. $24.99 each)

Gungrave (Geneon, I think) -- now $14.99

Super Marionette (?) (Anime Works) -- now $5.99

ROD TV (Geneon) -- some DVDs $14.99 each

Azumanga Daioh vol. 3 (ADV) -- $9.99

Now's the good time to stock up before Best Buy changes their mind.

Of course, not all drastic price changes like these are for the best -- I saw a Hellsing DVD on sale for $123.99. Just one DVD in a standard case.
rugrats1 Wrote:Of course, not all drastic price changes like these are for the best -- I saw a Hellsing DVD on sale for $123.99. Just one DVD in a standard case.

LMAO Are you kidding? Seriously ive never heard of that must be some fucked up price error but still funny.
cool ,
then that means i need to reprice that isle today since i work at the buy of best. its a cool place we get a discount on everything 5% above cost. i have 15 more days till i can use my discount. ill check into the prices today it might just be your bestbuy but it should be all if one does it they are all one store really so if one has a lower price all should.

-LE
At another Best Buy in my area, they also had some anime titles that had "Crazy Eddie" prices ("They're so low, they're insane!"), such as:

Human Journey #1 (Geneon): $14.95

Generator Gawl #1 (ADV): $5.95

Heat Guy J 3-DVD pack (Episodes 1-12) (Geneon) $19.95 for the set

Hanaukyo Maid Team #1 box set (DVD, box, 3 pencil cards) (Geneon) $19.95 (DVD only also available for $24.95)
rugrats1 Wrote:Of course, not all drastic price changes like these are for the best -- I saw a Hellsing DVD on sale for $123.99. Just one DVD in a standard case.

OMG that made me laugh so hard. WTF happened I wonder?
Blight Wrote:OMG that made me laugh so hard. WTF happened I wonder?

Oh for heavens sakes, you guys can't figure out that they mis-priced the 1 dvd for hellsing with the Box set dvd price??
Last Exile Wrote:cool ,
then that means i need to reprice that isle today since i work at the buy of best. its a cool place we get a discount on everything 5% above cost. i have 15 more days till i can use my discount. ill check into the prices today it might just be your bestbuy but it should be all if one does it they are all one store really so if one has a lower price all should.

-LE

Notice how he loves the company that actually hired him? Big Grin