Import Anime Forums

Full Version: A mistake in El Hazard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just recently been hooked on this new drug called 'anime' and while watching El Hazard for the first time I noticed something strange. I watched The Magnificent world + ova's and it said that Makoto was transported by Ifurita with the last of her power. I then watched The Alternative World and it gave refrence to Makoto arriving to El Hazard via school project. He arrived to El Hazard in The Wanderers by Jinnai messing with his project. I thought the first two had nothing to do with the TV release?
Any one else seen this series and could shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Just viewed Full Metal Panic! and Saikano. Next in line is Martain Successor Nadesico.
The 'real' El Hazard story from creator Hiroki Hayashi are OVA's 1 & 2 "The Magnificent World" (OVA 1 : eps. 1 - 7 , OVA 2 : eps. 1 - 4). Everything else (Wanderers TV, Alternative World TV) are just 'spinoffs' done by the staff at AIC.
Thank you. Since The Alternative World had the same character set-up as The Magnificent World unlike The Wanderers I thought they were done together by the same person. This explains the slight change in the story. I guess I tend to over analize some of this to much. Just a small side affect this drug has on me.
dikpierce Wrote:Thank you. Since The Alternative World had the same character set-up as The Magnificent World unlike The Wanderers I thought they were done together by the same person. This explains the slight change in the story. I guess I tend to over analize some of this to much. Just a small side affect this drug has on me.

Nah Animes not a drug that puts it in a bad light for you it seems to be a newly found obsession.
at first i was confused because of that, then firgured it was a spin off.
Puppet Master Wrote:Nah Animes not a drug that puts it in a bad light for you it seems to be a newly found obsession.
Your right. Saying it's a drug does make it sound almost like a bad thing. I'm just so use to my wife making fun of 'my daily anime fix'.
She tells me sometimes, "I wishes you collected cards again, because if you needed one to complete a set then you would get it between a week and a couple of months. But this anime, if the dvd is damaged so you can not watch the last two or three episodes of the series then you need to exchange it that day to the store just so you know what happens."
Obsession does sound better. I'll have to see if she falls for it. Big Grin

Currently watching Martian Successor Nadesico. Next in line is Samurai Deeper Kyo.