Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Stairway to Heaven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished this AWESOME korean drama called "Stairway to Heaven". And I thought it had an amazing plot and characters. Here is the synopsis of the show.

Story:
-Few dramas boast an original story and themes, but even fewer can rework the same formulas into a far greater classic! Stairway to Heaven is a prototypical Korean Drama, and features the hyper-emotional extremes, iconic tragedy, and tangled romantic melodrama that have all but defined the genre. But what sets Stairway to Heaven apart is that it does these things far better than any of its predecessors!
For as long as they can remember, Han Jung-Suh (Choi Ji-Woo of Winter Sonata) and Cha Song-Joo (Kwon Sang-Woo of Love So Divine and My Tutor Friend) have always been meant for one another. But when Jung-Suh receives a new family, everything changes! Stepmother Ha-Ri cruelly manipulates Jung-Suh, and when envious stepsister Yoo-Ri (Kim Tae-Hee) commits an unspeakable act, Jung-Suh is literally left helpless, and loses her memory!

At the crucial moment, Jung-Suh's lonely and affectionate stepbrother Tae-Hwa (Shin Hyun-Joon of Guns and Talks and Bichunmoo) seizes the opportunity to escape his cruel family - and takes Jung-Suh with him! Song-Joo is left behind, and as the years go by, his heart remains irreparably broken. But one day Song-Joo sees a girl who bears a remarkable resemblance to Jung-Suh, and he becomes convinced that this girl is really his long-lost love. She denies his claim, but Song-Joo's heart cannot be swayed. With the chance for true love right before him, Song-Joo sets out on a personal mission: to recover Jung-Suh, and fulfill their destiny to once-and-for-all be together!

Stairway to Heaven redefines Korean Dramas with a touching plot, vivid characters, a sublime soundtrack, and its own undeniably unique innovations. Many American fans have cited this drama as the single reason they became addicted to Korean Dramas in the first place!

Anyways so here is the treat! I just found out that you can download this series on fansubs.
The website is: http://a.scarywater.net/fob/

I do hope that at least some people on this forum would at least download episode one just to try it out. You will fall in love with this drama I SWEAR! ^_^ The picture of the drama is shown as an attachment.
im in... thanks fro the link Big Grin
i love romance anime stuff Big Grin... i mean Marmalade Boy is awesome
and coz its korean i'd d/l it but if it were from the UK and US or evel latin american...i'd stay away from it like the plague...its amazing what the origin of something has an effect on people

PS can you put back your awesome DDR Bunny Signature...i loved just watching it fall...it just kinda hypnotises me Big Grin
Sure, I thought it was funny too. lol
rav96 Wrote:im in... thanks fro the link Big Grin
i love romance anime stuff Big Grin... i mean Marmalade Boy is awesome
and coz its korean i'd d/l it but if it were from the UK and US or evel latin american...i'd stay away from it like the plague...its amazing what the origin of something has an effect on people

PS can you put back your awesome DDR Bunny Signature...i loved just watching it fall...it just kinda hypnotises me Big Grin

Hey RAV96! When you finish watching the first episode of the drama, post your opinion here ok????? Cause I am planning to distribute the episodes to my friends and I just want to know if it is good or not? thanks in advance........... Big Grin
NPS i'll get on it by the weekend!!!

thanks for the Usagi Big Grin

*stares at laptop...im hypnotised*
Wow. Korean dramas are winning over ppl in the us as well now. It's not my cup of tea but my mum quite likes it.
so ive watched like the first 8 odd eps and yeah its kinda getting me hooked well abit...just abit too much cliche...

it kinda has bits that remind me of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien....which if you havent wacthed and you like the romance/drama gnre its a must see...its an emo rollercoaster and so sad

the main thing is that the "evil" characters like Yoo-Ri and her mother are just one-dimensional and really over the top....but the story is pretty fast paced and engaging with twists and stuff with some stooopid bits that are just soo cheesy but its enjoyable none the less Smile

Edit: i will give it a proper review when ive watched em all
Cool. I want to thank you for trying out the series. I really appreciate it. I thought that the story was excellent and some parts were very cheesy like Jung Suh and her brother tae hwa. But I like how Song ju (cant spell his name) tries his best to get Jung suh to remember. I hate Yo ri and her mom X.X. I feel like stabbing her!!!!!!!! Yeah anyways the drama is excellent and I want to try out that show Kimi ga nozomu eien. I heard about it and it looks excellent. Did you see how tragic the car accident was? Oh My GOD YooRi was so evil!!! Also did you like that song that plays in the background when jung Suh and Song ju were at the airport and they were saying farewell? That part made me cry ;_;. The music for the drama was well done too.
The music definately is well done and damn that evil Yo Rii and her mum...lol i will help you Stab em Wink but damn the suicide was cheese galore...here im gonna kill myself so you can have my eyes...wtf?!?!?!??
and it is good...for a cliche (when i see a cliche that way to predictable i just dont bother)

and be sure to check out Kimi Ga Noumo Ein...PS that to has a "car Crash"
its like romance is full of roadkill Wink hehehe