Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fixing broken FX dvd holders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,
My Ai Yori Aoshi boxset has broken dvd holders (the "teeth" of the holders have fallen off) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or methods on how to fix that. Right now I am using mounting putty to keep the discs in their place and I am considering buying thinpaks. However, I like the art on the boxset and was wondering if you guys knew how to get replacement holders for FX sets or whatnot. Please let me know. Thanks!

DP
dailyplanet Wrote:Hey guys,
My Ai Yori Aoshi boxset has broken dvd holders (the "teeth" of the holders have fallen off) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or methods on how to fix that. Right now I am using mounting putty to keep the discs in their place and I am considering buying thinpaks. However, I like the art on the boxset and was wondering if you guys knew how to get replacement holders for FX sets or whatnot. Please let me know. Thanks!

DP

I just picked up some clear sleeves and put em in the gatefold when I have that problem because I have some sets like that.
Good idea Puppet Master! I could put them in clear sleeves and then tape the sleeves into the boxsets. Thanks for sharing! Smile
http://www.cookiejarvideo.com they carry hk sets r1 sets merchandise soundtracks and guess what those cool little replacements for dvd cases maybe i should get some.....
dailyplanet Wrote:Good idea Puppet Master! I could put them in clear sleeves and then tape the sleeves into the boxsets. Thanks for sharing! Smile

That's an intresting version of what I do. Only difference is I don't tape anything but hope it helps you out in the end it's cheaper too.
Coolness. I will look into that. Thanks for the info Cyrus. Smile
a little bit of tape, glue, and elbow grease.....
works everytime, well most of the time. :p
Gemini Wrote:a little bit of tape, glue, and elbow grease.....
works everytime, well most of the time. :p

Yeah just follow the advice of Tim Allen can't fix it DUCK IT! Big Grin
dailyplanet Wrote:Good idea Puppet Master! I could put them in clear sleeves and then tape the sleeves into the boxsets. Thanks for sharing! Smile

You can get cd sleeves with pealable backs that stick to anything... Could be useful
Duct Tape fixes everything. Smile
My way is to superglue the peices back on i have about 2 sets like that and i sold one and the guy told me that it was Perfect (what he didnt know)hehehe! :p it also drys clear but can be seen if ur looking hard... Good Luck Big Grin
well what i did for my one broken set was to actually remove the circular section with the teeth (using a sharp stanley knife) and cut (again with a stanley knife) a similar sized circular section from a spare CD case i had lying around and super glue that section into its place! it makes a perfect fix and if you use cyanoacykate based super glue you cant hardly see the glue...i would have done what Y1134 suggested but the teeth were all lost....
guess thats what i get for lending my sets out...Grrrr ingratefull aholes!!!

OH and yeah Duct Tape if all else fails...i even use it to repair hefty rips in my Mosh Jeans...riped jeans plus purple bruises is the price of \m/
CookieJarVideo.com also has replacement round hubs that just go over where the broken one is, it has a sticky back to it and you just peel it off and stick to the case... make sure that the old hub has been removed and is smooth so it will stick well... those type come in clear, white or black... not sure which ones Bella has for sale, but I am glad she took my suggestion to add them to her stock!! Oh, easy way to correctly center the replacement hub is to put the DVD on it and then place the DVD in the holder... a lot easier than trying to line up the replacement hub!! laugh...
I just put a small piece of clear scotch tape over the dvd so it sticks to the tabs - I think those crappy tabs are cheap garbage - they break so easy and sometimes there so hard they almost brake the dvds -- In a few cases after I take the dvd out for the first time I shave off part of the tabs so they are not as tight and so they dont break-- hey its HK , be thankfull the darn movie plays in the first place ! Cool
puzzleguy Wrote:hey its HK , be thankfull the darn movie plays in the first place ! Cool

yes!!! thats right....
now if that boke i dont think my method would work, hahaha.
Pages: 1 2