Import Anime Forums

Full Version: anime or manga?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just curious, which one do you think is best, watching an anime series or reading the manga version of it?
i think neither are better then the other one or if they are it would depend on the anime but i think to truely appreciate either one you would need to have the anime and the manga.
Yeh it does depend... Usually on what order they were made in. If the anime came first I would probably just watch the anime unless I really loved the series but seeing as most anime start out as manga, the manga is usually better and more detailed or has less filler. The Evangelion manga is offering up a 'different perspective' on the anime aswell so you almost get to see a series from all angles when you see both. I also use manga as a way of checking if I like a series before I buy the anime. Series that I love, I buy both... I'm buying all the Maison Ikkoku Editors Choice editions to replace all my old comic style versions, my favorite manga EVER!
Ha ha, this was the first topic I made when I joined lol, so no one jump his butt for it already being done, cause I like it!

I like Manga better for the most part. It usually matters if I have seen the anime first, but not in the case of GTO. GTO?s manga kicks ass. But I do usually like reading the manga even if I have seen the anime because, for the most part, you get the whole and original idea the creator was trying to express. Also, DB as a manga is about a billion times funnier than the anime (though this is probably attributed to the fact I have only seen the severely edited version of DB). But I hate Yu Yu Hakusho as a manga and it is my favorite anime.
yeah it depends i usually like having both..but to be honest i watch more anime then read manga coz i find watching anime takes less time away from my busy schedule Wink and i dont have a huge manga collection in proper book form...i spens more money on anime and clothes...i have mainly scanlations so its kinda inconvenent compared to reading a manga
i use to be a big manga lover, but now i perfer watching it. unless i really like the anime, i'd go back and read the manga.
but only one flaw with manga........... it takes up too much room. ahhhh :eek: ...... so i don't buy as much anymore.
really depends on what it is.

exapmple, Love Hina anime was good until I read the manga, now it just blows. I loved th Hellsing anime until I read the manga, although I still like it, I have nowhere near the same respect for it as I did before.

Bebop anime is -way- better then its Manga counterpart, same for Gundam Wing.

One series I cant decide which I like better is FLCL. Most people swing anime all the way, but theres just something about the manga. Big Grin anyone got opinions on it?
katherine_jean Wrote:Bebop anime is -way- better then its Manga counterpart, same for Gundam Wing.

Prime examples of the manga coming after the anime... Never as good as the other way around. I happen to like the Bebop manga but I read it before checking out the anime so maybe that's why... Hated the Gundam Wing manga though... Put me off the whole Gundam thing, something I was never that fussy about...
katherine_jean Wrote:One series I cant decide which I like better is FLCL. Most people swing anime all the way, but theres just something about the manga. Big Grin anyone got opinions on it?

In my opinion, FLCL would be naked without the Pillows supporting sound track. Ah, the Pillows, now I feel all inspired to listen to "I Think I Can" and "Hybrid Rainbow." Big Grin
Yeah, the soundtrack to FLCL -was- amazing Big Grin
Yeh its hard to choose anime from manga , as it's a mixed bag me thinks Smile

Talking of soundtrack, anyone know where i can get hold of the Heat Guy J OST

The music on that show is amazing
guts45 Wrote:Yeh its hard to choose anime from manga , as it's a mixed bag me thinks Smile

Talking of soundtrack, anyone know where i can get hold of the Heat Guy J OST

The music on that show is amazing

This is what I ordered and where I ordered it.

http://www.animecornerstore.com/heguyjbuso.html
gubi-gubi Wrote:Yeh it does depend... Usually on what order they were made in. If the anime came first I would probably just watch the anime unless I really loved the series but seeing as most anime start out as manga, the manga is usually better and more detailed or has less filler. The Evangelion manga is offering up a 'different perspective' on the anime aswell so you almost get to see a series from all angles when you see both. I also use manga as a way of checking if I like a series before I buy the anime. Series that I love, I buy both... I'm buying all the Maison Ikkoku Editors Choice editions to replace all my old comic style versions, my favorite manga EVER!

I agree with Gubi-gubi, it really depends. But in a general way I like manga better than anime but that's because I really like reading. There are quite a few anime series I like better than the manga, like Ranma 1/2.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I agree with Gubi-gubi, it really depends. But in a general way I like manga better than anime but that's because I really like reading. There are quite a few anime series I like better than the manga, like Ranma 1/2.

Yeah, basically what you said is true for me as well. But I usually can't read the action-oriented stuff. I can't imagine reading an Inuyasha manga for instance. Naruto is awesome, but I have been waiting for the Dub, so I have only scene a few scenes and therefore have nothing to compare it with.
Blight Wrote:Yeah, basically what you said is true for me as well. But I usually can't read the action-oriented stuff. I can't imagine reading an Inuyasha manga for instance. Naruto is awesome, but I have been waiting for the Dub, so I have only scene a few scenes and therefore have nothing to compare it with.

Inuyasha's manga is very good believe me. I've been reading action-oriented manga for ages and I think it's usually very well done. Don't you buy Berserk's manga? It's the perfect example of a good action-oriented manga. It's obviously not the same thing as watching animated fight scenes but if you use your imagination it's as good.
I ordered Naruto vol. 1 today. It's going to take about a month to get here but in the meantime I have the anime to watch. I've only watched 47 episodes so far so I still have a long way to go, not to mention I'm also watching El-Hazard at the moment. Naruto is amazing!!!
Pages: 1 2