Import Anime Forums

Full Version: good older movie list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I was trying to think of some good older movies i need to see like real great movies in the league of:

Casablanca
Citizen Kane
LOTR
Starwars
The Godfather

I mean really amazing stuff and certainly not the ussual crap that comes out nowadays

i realized that i pretty much gave up non anime movies lately and i wanted to see some good ones i havn't yet so yeah stick in your input

Also any movies that are like the matrix, vanilla sky, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

or movies that are just plain well done musically or great acting or whatever i would love to hear about so i can check em out

Even though some people may agree

NO MOVIES WITH VINDEISEL OR ASHTON KUTCHER
If you have cable/sattalite invest in IFC (Indepentant Film Channel). I love older movies, they show stuff from 60s-80s mst of the time. And the atmosphere in the movies are ten times what is in most movies today -_-.

Personaly I feel 5 out of every 6 movies suck these days, & not just because of their plot/s.

Uh, Rav, what's the name of the first movie to use "bullet time" that might be a good suggestion.
lol...ehhh is it the Batrix???
Cyrus Wrote:Hello

I was trying to think of some good older movies i need to see like real great movies in the league of:

Casablanca
Citizen Kane
LOTR
Starwars
The Godfather

I mean really amazing stuff and certainly not the ussual crap that comes out nowadays

i realized that i pretty much gave up non anime movies lately and i wanted to see some good ones i havn't yet so yeah stick in your input

Also any movies that are like the matrix, vanilla sky, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

or movies that are just plain well done musically or great acting or whatever i would love to hear about so i can check em out

Even though some people may agree

NO MOVIES WITH VINDEISEL OR ASHTON KUTCHER

Why don't you try Oldboy? It's superb! The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is also good, not exceptional but worth watching. The Royal Tenenbaums is a good choice as well.
yeah i have IFC i have been wanting to see RAN i just watched the sandlot and the truman show recently those are always good.
The Rocky movies not the oldest but still classics.
Puppet Master Wrote:The Rocky movies not the oldest but still classics.
Been there tried that. they're much to like Pulp Fiction..I'll never be able to sit through them -_-
a much underated movie that i enjoyed is True Romance (written by Tarintino)
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Why don't you try Oldboy? It's superb! The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is also good, not exceptional but worth watching. The Royal Tenenbaums is a good choice as well.

dang women its like you watch the sames movies as i...ive finally got me Oldboy DVD Big Grin

oh and i finally got me the Takeshi Boxset with extended version of Brother Big Grin
The evil dead trilogy will never die, it knid of depends on what you like though Alec Guiness has some great stuff Carry Grants movies are good too.
geo85 Wrote:The evil dead trilogy will never die, it knid of depends on what you like though Alec Guiness has some great stuff Carry Grants movies are good too.

DAMN How could I forget Army of Darkness!
lol i watched army of darkness yesterday

they don't have to be like 60's or anything but i just don't want any of the crappy movies from like 4 years ago or whatever i mean i just don't want the ussual blockbuster action flick with no plot
For great older movies I would have to go for.

The Great Escape and The Bridge over the River Kwai

They are perfect sunday afternoon films
the origenal village of the damned...and the origenal house on haunted hill...ya ya those are both great movies
rav96 Wrote:dang women its like you watch the sames movies as i...ive finally got me Oldboy DVD Big Grin

oh and i finally got me the Takeshi Boxset with extended version of Brother Big Grin

Big Grin I suppose we have the same taste in movies. After watching Oldboy let me know what you think of it.
Pages: 1 2