Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Big green "M" vs. everything else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To be more percise what is the differnce between the big green "M" and all of the other HK companies out there. (I forgot the name of the company, sorry :o )
The HK company with the big green M logo is called Manga International. The difference between them and other companies is that thier subtitles suck total ass Smile

My advice: if you see a set done by this company... skip it and look for one done by a better company
LOL oh ok, I actually have a set by them and will check out the subs later tonight, I am a dub type of person so luckly I didnt notice it.... Big Grin Wink :eek:
They are not so bad. Every set has its own story, some are good, some are bad just like the other companies.
vegeta76 Wrote:thier subtitles suck total ass

Er since when? These the only company that seem to ever try to release stuff that´s older and wont see an R1 release. The subs are pretty good on alot of their stuff. Check out Detective Conan, the subs are decent and considering how messed up the R1s are I am glad of that. Anne of Green Gables is ment to have decent subs, Maison Ikkoku uses amazing fansubs and the list goes on. Maybe the new TV rips have crap subs but who really cares about TV rips. Who are you comparing the subs to? FX 99% of the time use R1 ripped subs and MAC never do their own subs anymore. AV has ok subs but also bad ones aswell...
gubi-gubi Wrote:Er since when? These the only company that seem to ever try to release stuff that´s older and wont see an R1 release. The subs are pretty good on alot of their stuff. Check out Detective Conan, the subs are decent and considering how messed up the R1s are I am glad of that. Anne of Green Gables is ment to have decent subs, Maison Ikkoku uses amazing fansubs and the list goes on. Maybe the new TV rips have crap subs but who really cares about TV rips. Who are you comparing the subs to? FX 99% of the time use R1 ripped subs and MAC never do their own subs anymore. AV has ok subs but also bad ones aswell...

I agree, for apparently not having the entire fansub to copy from, the MI Marmalade Boy subs are pretty good, perhaps about 4/5. A few missed lines and a few mistranslations, but very little engrish and overall better than I expected.
mct19x Wrote:I agree, for apparently not having the entire fansub to copy from, the MI Marmalade Boy subs are pretty good, perhaps about 4/5. A few missed lines and a few mistranslations, but very little engrish and overall better than I expected.

Exactly and when the do use fansubs (they use them more than anyone else don´t they?) the sets are superb. Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar is amazing R2 ripped video with fansubs. Sometimes I prefer that than R1 ripped.
Manga Int. isn't bad it just depends how harsh you wanna get on subtitles that aren't 100% grammatically correct or understandable. Manga has been having probs with providing mainly TV rips which is a bummer. 95% of the time you will find Manga Int. or FX stuff for sale. This site is the only place I know of to sell so much MAC stuff which if you ever buy MAC stuff it looks awesome in both video and subs depending on the title. Go read the FAQ if you want a full explaination of the companies.
Manga International are ok, I mean a great M set is Lupin the 3rd: 1st Season, The subs are amazing but other sets can lack. Another prob. I have with 'M' is the bloody M logo that appears on the top of the screen every 15 mins. on alot of their sets.

Fx was the legend of HK sets and MAC used to be damn good, there Rec. of Lodoss 5 disc set was incredible but since the dvd-5 change over im scared to buy, If they go back to dvd-9 im there Smile
guts45 Wrote:Another prob. I have with 'M' is the bloody M logo that appears on the top of the screen every 15 mins. on alot of their sets.

Yeh that was annoying but nearly all HK companies did that on stuff that they had made themselves (such as using fansubs or hk originals) to stop people ripping them when they put the effort into paying translators etc (some companies just put their own logo over the top though lol)... I wonder if there is ever any violence between companies? Anyway MI have stopped (or at least cut down by only showing it on the first ep and emails have gone for good I think) doing that now though. Anyone bought a new MI set lately that can confirm the little buggers are gone?
along with that they always have there email etc crap being on screen in the subs.
and they are mainly TV rips coz they get there DVDs out asap after new anime unlike FX which just ripped R1's (so like 2 years after theyve been out in Japan) though when they get there perfect collections/updated the are fine except for the DVD5 usage nowadays...eek
rav96 Wrote:except for the DVD5 usage nowadays...eek

MI are using DVD-5? In the same way as MAC? Or just in like a 5 eps on disc one then 9 on disc two kind of way?
nope theyve joined the Mac bandwagon or so i read cant remember what froum now D'oh i'll post the link when i see it again on my forum travels
Tough call on this one , Ive had some shity Mac and some great Manga - so It depends on the set - read the reviews and make up your own mind -- manga's dvds from time to time are a bit more pricey ( especially on some of the other HK anime site s ) they also have some titles that no one else has -- in all honesty Id do my homework on that particular set- read the reviews on the different sites on that title and manufacturer-- Big Grin
i only own one M and it seem that the translation isn't that great, but maybe there are others more better.
i try to avoid the subbed ones as much as i can.
Pages: 1 2