Import Anime Forums

Full Version: can you dl anime w/ BT without seeders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry if its OT, but i'm dling otaku no video and there are no seeders, only peers and the face at the left is yellow, but the download is still going. this normal?
Yeah, you'll keep dl-ing as much as the peers have but you probably won't get to 100% because nobody has the complete file. I've had some files that stopped at 98% because the seeder decided to stop seeding while there were peers dl-ing and so I couldn't use the entire file. But there might be a seeder who goes online sometime soon so if its the only place you can get it just wait a while but if you can grab it from somewhere else with seeders go for that.
hang in there and dont delete your partial file , check back on the download over the next few days at different times , sometimes someone else is trying to do the same thing your doing and they have the part of the file you are in need of and Visa Versa , you dont need someone downloading the entire file to pick up what you need-- give it some time , this trick usually works . One bit of advice , once you get the file completed please be nice enough to seed the file to help others -and return the favor ! oh yeeah if your file says 99 % and seems to stall , it may be complete - Big Grin
yea it varies what if you are using azureus you wanna watch is the number "complete files" it calculates what people have and calculates how many complete files are from different people.. since you can have 75% and another guy have 75% but you both have parts that the other doesn't. So if you two keep your downloads going you will both finish since you will transfer what each other needs.. and then you will both become seeders.. ;o)
Check to see the health of the torrent you need at least a 100% to even have a chance at getting the whole file. Just leave our torrent prog on for a few days and hope you get the bits you need. Torrents can go for months if they are seeded. Also go the forums of the site you got the torrent from and request a reseed.
cool. damn BT is so much more reliable than dc++ w/ its hubs that i cant get into and users that are too slow/cut you off. oh, and do people uploading off you slow down your download?

and does anyone know where i can get gundam 0083 movie: the last blitz of zeon and an ova called tokyo revelation, based of shin megami tensei games? sorry if i asked this before, i cant remember :p
If you running a DSL or Cable and have your upload capped at 10k then you should be just find as I've gotten up in to the 350k dowloads while uploading 10k. As far as anime BT sites I'm low on those.
you will want to cap your upload under what it can do.. Say if you have a 256k/bit upload rate you want to set your upload at about 25 or so since you true upload is 32Kb/s.. But basically if you totally max out your upload speed then this will affect your downloading speeds.