Import Anime Forums

Full Version: laser etched pic present
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Always in need of a new toy or thing.Im making some laser etched products.(although ill be getting psp games over the next week as well)
Anyway.I owe dad and jo alota presents.From their birthdays wedding and christmas.SO ive been in touch with a laser etcher and im looking at putting the vectored boat i drew onto them.(taken from an image of my fathers boat)
[Image: coaster3ci.jpg]
Originally i was going to do something like this on a 3.5 inch coaster made of clear acrillic so that only the shaded areas are frosted.The writing and white area suurounding the boat would be see through.After getting in touch with them they tell me they can order in marble coasters and etch on to them.That sounds even better.very classy.Although it would be a completly different look.I would have to put the words in etching and something like a line going around only on the inside of the boarder. What do you recon.
Thats only the first part of their gift though.I am thinking of making them a wall panel as well.Kinda like a vertical serries of pics that glow a different colour.Im not sure what to use for pics.A pic of all three brothers would probably do the trick. (ooohhhhhhh how sweet)
These would be done with clear acrilic.with the etching on so they are semi transparent when not lit.
[Image: panel2lq.jpg]
And finally a single frame
[Image: singleframe0rl.jpg]
This one has a simple base and the image is suspended in the air.Kinda like magic.
What do you think?any suggestions?