Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Halo Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finishes reading alittle bit from Bungie's website that talks about doing a LA halo movie have restarted recently due to the popularity of Halo 2 sales wise. Personally I am not thrilled about seeing a Halo movie. With all the box office bombs that were video games that have come out I would much rather see a third game in the series before seeing a movie. I see anyway the first choice as dirctor of the film James Cameron turned Bungie down and negotialtions were in progress with other name directors curently. What is you guys and gals take on this?
BAD

the best movie i can think of based off of a video game is super mario brothers and come on thats not that great and is so loosely based too.

Basically when a movie has a hard time basing itself off of a book think about how it would be with a videogame.

Besides it would be so cheesy it would have to be
I think it's a kinda stupid idea.

I mean is it going to be a futuristic army movie or something?
Mario Brothers was GREAT back when it was made but now it's about average. The idea of a Halo movie though is TERRIBLE. If they do make it watch the butchering begin!
Im all for a halo movie...a good one...but now that james cameron deffinatly turned them down, they will probibly get some dusch to direck it....perhaps the guy that did AVP and resident evil. In stead of them focusing on the scifi story line, it will just be vin deasle as master chief killing mindlessly for an hour and a half
odin0425 Wrote:In stead of them focusing on the scifi story line, it will just be vin deasle as master chief killing mindlessly for an hour and a half
That's like the idea of a Devil May Cry movie, only watching Dante (as long as he isn't deasle) kill mindlessly for an hour & a half, then fight his brother would he completely awsome to me, especially if they used high action cheesey scenes like from DMC 3.
Batz Kage Wrote:That's like the idea of a Devil May Cry movie, only watching Dante (as long as he isn't deasle) kill mindlessly for an hour & a half, then fight his brother would he completely awsome to me, especially if they used high action cheesey scenes like from DMC 3.

...i ment that as a bad thing
The main problem with movies based on games is the decision to either base it on the events of the game or use the characters and make a movie loosely based on the game. The problem with most game movies is the director the guy who did house of the dead is trying to buy the scripts for lots of other games aswell, he needs to be killed. He knows nothing about movie making except how to make them suck. The director who did Resident evill and avp also did mortal kombat, all good movies. Directors should not follow the game so strictly then it gets boring, resident evil was just a good movie period even though it only hinted at the game. A halo movie would blow there is not enough story and depth to the halo world to make a good movie. Also did anyone hear that a prince of persia movie has already started production.
I agree that there probably wouldn't be enough to make a feature film. even games that did that were taken and made into movie didn't translate well. Wing Commander was a great example of this. They butchered the Wing Commander chain by miss matching actors that just didn't fit the roles. I am surprised they havent taken a stab at doing Warcraft, Diablo, Duke Nukem or Unreal as a LA. SO let them do Halo as a LA, I am sure it will make a laughable movie rental unless they really go all out like Peter Jackson was give the freedom with the Tolkien books
geo85 Wrote:The main problem with movies based on games is the decision to either base it on the events of the game or use the characters and make a movie loosely based on the game. The problem with most game movies is the director the guy who did house of the dead is trying to buy the scripts for lots of other games aswell, he needs to be killed. He knows nothing about movie making except how to make them suck. The director who did Resident evill and avp also did mortal kombat, all good movies. Directors should not follow the game so strictly then it gets boring, resident evil was just a good movie period even though it only hinted at the game. A halo movie would blow there is not enough story and depth to the halo world to make a good movie. Also did anyone hear that a prince of persia movie has already started production.

Resident evil was a pretty good extension of the games. It didn't simply touch on the games, it's now part of the resident evil story line. Great, great movie. That and mortal kombat are probably the best two game movies ever made. The first mortal kombat. The other two kinda sucked. The third especially. The second at least never made me cringe.

And Halo has a pretty interesting story and they could do a lot with a movie. Perhaps the start of the Spartan program? They could do a movie based on the fall of reich. They wouldn't even have to base the movie on THE Master Chief if they did the movie based on those. Although they probably would anyways... lol.

Also, if they do make the movie and they show the master chiefs face, the director needs to go bankrupt. The master Chiefs face belongs on the xbox whenever bungie decides to show it.
wtf? there was a third mortal combat movie :eek: ? what was it called??? :confused:
I can only remember mortal kombat, and mortal kombat: annihilation. musta missed the third one...
well as far as a 3rd mortal kombat movie here is the link http://mk3movie.mortalkombatonline.com/

When I think of Halo though I think of alot of guns, explosions and snappy little one liners. Alot like Arnold films from the 80s ie see "predator" and "comando"
Face it even games that had much more of story lines Zelda is a good example they havent made a LA movie out of.
Rule of thumb is usually Cartoons and Video Games rarely make good LA movies. Mortal Kombat and X-Men and the first Superman movie are really the only exceptions that come to mind off the top of my head.
Let not forget the one's that hurt their name sakes Mario Brothers, Double Dragon, Wing Commander to name a few
vegeta76 Wrote:wtf? there was a third mortal combat movie :eek: ? what was it called??? :confused:
I can only remember mortal kombat, and mortal kombat: annihilation. musta missed the third one...

There IS NO third live action Mortal Kombat Movie YET. From what ive read at the Internet Movie Database they are going to start filming in May. http://imdb.com/title/tt0293429/ Hope that helps...
That was my mistake. I cringed at the second one. I was thinking there was a second one that didn't exist. <---- going insane I guess.
ARGH NO MORE MORTAL COMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please GOD no