Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Viz DVDs on sale at Big Lots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today (3/12) at my local Big Lots (a discount chain), I've noticed that they have a selection of Viz DVDs for sale at only $3.99 each. They have a handful of titles available, such as "Trouble Chocolate" and "Ranma 1/2". If you're looking for good anime, check your local Big Lots and get them while you can.
i use to work there my friend that still does told me about this like a week ago they must of got it there before your store. ihe bought the whole lot and also got his discount on the so 3.99 - 20% so he got a kick ass deal.

-LE
The only "Big Lot" around here is a used car lot.
are they just episodes or are there movies too???
I think I saw only TV episodes there, though I imagine some stores might have the movies -- you'll have to check your local store for yourself, as selection often varies from store-to-store.
Umm... I feel sorry for anyone who even pays the $3.99 for Trouble Chocolate...
what.....
how could you diss the Sequel to Berserk?

Wink :p
This is not new, they are doing this to other "bargain" retailers too. Certain Dollar stores are getting them in, I saw some Correcter Yui DVDs for $3.
Damn you americans are so lucky... Anyone willing to go and buy them and sell them to us poor non-americans?
Thanks Rugrats for thinking about us poor ole Anime Folks-

Picked up a few today, unfortunately I should of read all the posts before i went- picked up Trouble Chocolate- it has to be the worst Anime Ive ever seen , did pick up Ranma 1/2 ( last 4 episodes ) will watch it latter as well as Chinese Ghost story ( chinese animated ) that last one doesnt seem to bad hey- 3.99 who can complain even if they stink - they have alot of different titles , unfortunately they are episodes somewhere in the middle and you cant make sets with what they have , I hate buying stuff out of sequence-- Got a friend who has a shrink wrapper , might try to get rid of trouble chocolate -- dont ask you dont want it !-

By the way - what titles should i look for that are worth the 3.99 ? is Corrector Yui one of them ? any other hints - are appreciated ! Wink
Thanks for you help ( in advance ) and also to note our big lots was really picked over-- they did say they probably will be getting in more on their next truck ( ? ) Smile
I doubt many would like Corrector Yui but I read the manga an liked it so im in the process of trading for Corrector Yui 2 and 4. Would love it if anyone could pick me up Corrector Yui 1 and 3 in this sale! Anyone up for it if I pay you by paypal?
gubi-gubi Wrote:I doubt many would like Corrector Yui but I read the manga an liked it so im in the process of trading for Corrector Yui 2 and 4. Would love it if anyone could pick me up Corrector Yui 1 and 3 in this sale! Anyone up for it if I pay you by paypal?

Didn't have any Corrector Yui when Tsukiko and I went today...So Gomen... can't help you... although that series looked interesting... but we did pick up... *cough*Hamtaro Vol. 1-4*cough* and Zoids Vol. 1, 4, 5 & 6... so if anybody picks up Vol. 2 & 3 epi. 5-12, give me a PM cause I'm looking for them... laugh... If we don't find them on our next out of town excursion to another Big Lots... Oh, they only had 1 disk of Ranma... so there wasn't much point in getting that one...
I was lucky to have had a friend work at big lots. He picked me up the first three volumes of Ceres Celestial Legend. those were the only one there though.
well ive been to 3 other big lots so far and there all gone - two of the managers said they doubt they will see any more and that it was a one shot deal - but one added that stranger things have happened - I'll check in ,with 2 of them on a regular basis , the only Big Lots who had them was my local one - probably because i live in the middle of no-where , and when i said the word Anime to that manager she had no idea what i was talking about --If i hear of any other outlets on these Ill share that with all of you -- but i have a feeling that this is a sign of things to come , Ive noticed that alot of titles have been plumeting in price lately, This makes me happy, that so much anime can get in the hands of us Anime people ! I appreciate any information that you may have as well ! Cool
rugrats1 Wrote:Today (3/12) at my local Big Lots (a discount chain), I've noticed that they have a selection of Viz DVDs for sale at only $3.99 each. They have a handful of titles available, such as "Trouble Chocolate" and "Ranma 1/2". If you're looking for good anime, check your local Big Lots and get them while you can.

Checked the Big Lots today down the road and had no luck. Heck, they didn't even have any DVDs. All I could find were some old DBZ VHSes for $2.99. Oh well. :mad:
Pages: 1 2