Import Anime Forums

Full Version: CMX to edit the hell out of Tenjho Tenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As many of you probably know DC comics has recently started releasing manga under the CMX publishing name. Now I don't mind when they edit some pictures in manga here in the states like in Shonen Jump and some Dark Horse stuff, but this editing that they did on Tenjho is fucking ridiculous. I'm not a pervert, oh no wait I am, but it bothers me when people touch other artist's work. Check out this link and support an uncensored Tenjho Tenge:

http://digitalsin.bebopboard.net/index2.html
Can you understand French? 'Cause if you can you might as well buy the unedited French edition. I have a friend who's been buying that edition but decided to switch to the English one. I don't think he knows it's going to be heavily edited. When I told him about Cannon God Exaxxion he stopped buying the English edition immediately.
I hate it when they do that, even if it's just a picture. I like to read, watch, hear things the way they were originally created.
Well I'm not a manga reader but I did check out the page with the comparissons and the edit. Wow :eek: , I can see how absurd those edits really are! Obviously DC is in the WRONG business if they want to publish manga. I know things like that in manga happen all the time, lesser or greater degree. Love Hina would have been viciously cencored by those guys.
i cant understand the reasoning here are they trying to make an adult book into a kid book
I mean hell dc had the vertigo line to do preacher and hellblazer and sandman
All those had nudity and sex and violence
So why censor the manga
I was glad to see dark horse kept berserk intact id hate to see it treated in this way.
Shamefull
Ah, ah, ah! I can't believe they drew a bra to cover that girl's breasts! Big Grin
Man that is why I hate editing or censorship of all kinds that change things from their original form. It pisses me off that retards have so much power over what we can and can't see, don't want to get banned with a curse...but if I could curse here there would be a SERIOUS amount of them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I wonder what's so wrong about naked breasts...
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I wonder what's so wrong about naked breasts...

Wow, now that's marriage material right there!
Why even release it if they're violating its original content?

I have no complaints with censorship, as long as they do it right. Say for when airing a show on morning tv or whatever. Even that shouldn't be necessary, but they're still playing it safe.

But completely editing out the juicy bits in a manga is just stupid. Like I stated, why even bother releasing it?

I wouldn't have even known much about this, but a friend of mine brought that site up in their journal once.
i think editing sucks, if you don't like, don't read it. but on the subject of tenjho tenge, is that how you spell it? anyways, where could i pick up that series, anyone know?
evilomar Wrote:Wow, now that's marriage material right there!

Big Grin Big Grin

But seriously, white panties and breasts aren't going to turn anybody into a sex offender. There's really no reason to censor those things. Only small minded, sexually frustated people will think so. Besides, why don't they just do like Dark Horse did with Berserk and wrap a plastic cover around it and mention it's for mature readers only? Their sales won't be as good but I don't think editing Tenjou Tenge (that's how it's properly written in romanji) will be good for sales either.