Import Anime Forums

Full Version: anyone good with syth programs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty much our drummer walked on us cause his other band got a gig & when he's not drumming he's trying to sleep/cyber with the girls that like their emo-core music...

So, it was opted that till we find a new drummer, that I am to find a good simulation software to make noise, no matter how crappy.

My knowledge of music is about silm to none, but when it comes to something that can be done on a computer my friends point their fingers at me -_-

I need a synth program to simulate drums, prefferibly one that uses samples, that way I have less chances of screwing the thing up.

I've used guitar pro 4 (which I don't like for drums) & I've been suggested CakeWalk..

Anyone able/willing to help?
I do music production (mainly hip hop drum loops n stuff)

If you want a great proggie for drum production look into Fruity Loops Pro 5 or Sonic's Acid Pro, Fruity Loops is an amazing piece of software
Batz Kage Wrote:Pretty much our drummer walked on us cause his other band got a gig & when he's not drumming he's trying to sleep/cyber with the girls that like their emo-core music...

So, it was opted that till we find a new drummer, that I am to find a good simulation software to make noise, no matter how crappy.

My knowledge of music is about silm to none, but when it comes to something that can be done on a computer my friends point their fingers at me -_-

I need a synth program to simulate drums, prefferibly one that uses samples, that way I have less chances of screwing the thing up.

I've used guitar pro 4 (which I don't like for drums) & I've been suggested CakeWalk..

Anyone able/willing to help?
Sucks about your drummer...Doesn't always seem like it's the drummer that walks? Them or the one that sings...
cant help my man
never ever needed to use a prog coz i can drum myself :p
guts45 Wrote:I do music production (mainly hip hop drum loops n stuff)

If you want a great proggie for drum production look into Fruity Loops Pro 5 or Sonic's Acid Pro, Fruity Loops is an amazing piece of software

Thank ya,

yeah it sucks the guy walked, & took our guitarist & bassist with him.

although after getting all but the drummer back (although he lied & said he'd be willing to play for us, not with us)
we were gonig to practice today, but their band called a fake band practice so their priority was to the other band..And by fake I mean, they were all supposed to head stright over there; no one came to pick up the guitarist, the bassist just walked home, & the drummer is grounded for two weeks..

I got a cable for my old great-grand dad's guitar, but I can't play for sh!t Sad
I really just wanna learn bass.
rav96 Wrote:cant help my man
never ever needed to use a prog coz i can drum myself :p
Same here :p , but I'd like to pick up bass or guitar as well; gonna be the multi-purpose band member :p .
onizuka17711 Wrote:Same here :p , but I'd like to pick up bass or guitar as well; gonna be the multi-purpose band member :p .
If I were actually capible of playing an inturment I sure as heck would, sadly I don't have the coordination, nor the mental compassity. Music eludes me so to speak.
So, I stick to what I'm better at; lyrics Big Grin & bossing people around.
Batz Kage Wrote:If I were actually capible of playing an inturment I sure as heck would, sadly I don't have the coordination, nor the mental compassity. Music eludes me so to speak.
So, I stick to what I'm better at; lyrics Big Grin & bossing people around.
Just remember, it's the guy who composes the lyrics that gets remembered, not the drummers :p Sad .
onizuka17711 Wrote:Just remember, it's the guy who composes the lyrics that gets remembered, not the drummers :p Sad .
Yeah, but by lyrics I simply mean I write them, I can't sing for sh!t either Tongue
And people always say "____ was an awsome band" they may sometimes comment on the quailty of the lyrics but you never hear someone brag about how good a lyricist that supplies the band, well less it's a rap/hip-hop thing -_-.

Pretty much I'm the dorky kid that writes alot, so I just find bands to sing & write music for what I write cause I'm not good enough to do it all.
Batz Kage Wrote:Yeah, but by lyrics I simply mean I write them, I can't sing for sh!t either Tongue
And people always say "____ was an awsome band" they may sometimes comment on the quailty of the lyrics but you never hear someone brag about how good a lyricist that supplies the band, well less it's a rap/hip-hop thing -_-.

Pretty much I'm the dorky kid that writes alot, so I just find bands to sing & write music for what I write cause I'm not good enough to do it all.
Bands are composed of more than just one person, you know; you don't have to do it all...and just think about how much your favorite bands would suck if they had shit lyrics...
onizuka17711 Wrote:Bands are composed of more than just one person, you know; you don't have to do it all...and just think about how much your favorite bands would suck if they had shit lyrics...
Uh, my high time favorite at the moment is like Dir en Grey, & dude, if thy had shitty lyrics I wouldn't really know Tongue

Thank you for the encouragement though, thank all of you at that.
Alrighty I need sleep Big Grin

Good Night & Sweet Dreams All.
Batz Kage Wrote:Uh, my high time favorite at the moment is like Dir en Grey, & dude, if thy had shitty lyrics I wouldn't really know Tongue

Thank you for the encouragement though, thank all of you at that.
Alrighty I need sleep Big Grin

Good Night & Sweet Dreams All.
You know what I meant!
hahahahahahaaa kiddo's

indeed...too bad that only the frontmen get the attention

PS wo0t washed out old drummers \m/ Wink :p
rav96 Wrote:hahahahahahaaa kiddo's

indeed...too bad that only the frontmen get the attention

PS wo0t washed out old drummers \m/ Wink :p
Yeah, I still wish you'd move your butt to the US :p