Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately Ive been picking up old anime I use to watch way back when and one of these happens to be sailor moon. As I was searching I happend to have come apon sailor moon sailor stars on this site after not looking here for quite some time. After reading the reviews something was mentioned about it proboly won't be comming stateside due to something not being "apropiate" in the series. If someone would be so kind as to fill me in on exactly what is so inapropiate about sailor stars I would apreciate it.
its more voilent has more nudity and darker! i cant really pin anything that in particular its been a while like 3 years since i watched sailormoon sailor stars (in rm format)

buy the HK's (as i did last year...but only watched a few...got huge backlog D'oh)

they are the only way your gonna get to see the series...good VCD rips with decent fansub scripts Big Grin
The Sailor Stars change sex... and when they are in male form, (leastways I think that's when they are males... lol ) they are in skimpy leather outfits...
oh shit yeah....how the heck could i forget that obvious "inappropraitness"

GenderBender!!!
Quote:The Sailor Stars change sex... and when they are in male form, (leastways I think that's when they are males... lol ) they are in skimpy leather outfits...

I don't get why Toei decided to do that. In the manga, they were still women, but they still tried to pass themselves as guys just by simply wearing men's clothing. I prefer the manga instead since it went past just Sailor Galaxia.
Yep, Sailor Stars change sex....Usagi is totally nude in like the entire last episode (except maybe the last 3 minutes :p ), There's some romantic talk between Uranus and Neptune....which if they ever did do this series and cut that out I would go ballistic....I can't believe they made them cousins in the dub....alot of people die in the stars series near the end of it and boy does it get darker and gloomier Big Grin The Stars is still my favorite series though....
I loved that series. Big Grin

As for innaproprateness, its all been mentioned.

Sex Changes, More Nudity then usual, a bit more cursing, alot of suggestive stuff with Uranus and Neptune, ALOT Darker..

Another thing is that.. (Im going to warn you, minor spoiler...)

Theres the Seiya x Usagi relationship. Its got slight lesbian undertones, and well, shes kind of cheating on Mamaru, er...KIND of ^^
Sailor Moon makes me think dirty thoughts... Sad
The Maniac Wrote:Sailor Moon makes me think dirty thoughts... Sad
It makes the Barenakid Ladies think dirty thoughts too. Big Grin

By the way, for any of you non-Canadians who don't know who the hell I'm talking about, "The Barenaked Ladies" Are a pretty cool band. You should get the song "One Week" ..But Im sure most of you have heard of them.
hahahah i remember their video in a supermarket store or something quite some years back
Good stuff! Big Grin

I like them..another song people will have heard of is "If I had a Million Dollors"
I didnt know it was sung by them till like, a month ago. Which is weird >_<