Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How to order anime without Paypal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paypal shut me down. (long story) So was wondering if there is a way to order anime (preferably from JJ here) without having to go through paypal? I would hate to have to ONLY order from MI or MAC directly since it's basically required large orders only otherwise $9 per disc. I really do prefer the occasional box set from JJ but I don't think it's gonna be possible anymore.

If any of you know anime websites taking credit card directly or if JJ takes it directly (not credit cards through paypal, cuz mine is assigned to the account which isn't allowed to send money) Please let me know, otherwise looks like I'll have to blind buy an extra 20 anime series from MAC just to get $6 per disc.

Thanks in advance to those trying to help.

Forgive me if this should go in another topic I wasn't sure.
Might I refer you to item 2.7 of the following document:
http://import-anime.com/faqs.php

Or.. feel free to click on the huge "FAQ" icon above the Import-Anime banner at the top of the page.
Thanks, but I forgot to add something... How to order anime with credit card but not through paypal, and not sending money orders and all that stuff that takes time.

I guess there isn't any hk anime sellers taht take credit card directly? Isn't there a Yahoo Shopping card that allows sellers to accept credit card payments directly? Would JJ be able to implement that? I'm sure there are other people shunned by paypal that would like a different way to pay via credit card.
balthier Wrote:Thanks, but I forgot to add something... How to order anime with credit card but not through paypal, and not sending money orders and all that stuff that takes time.

I guess there isn't any hk anime sellers taht take credit card directly? Isn't there a Yahoo Shopping card that allows sellers to accept credit card payments directly? Would JJ be able to implement that? I'm sure there are other people shunned by paypal that would like a different way to pay via credit card.

Your honestly the first ive heard of. I wonder if anyone else has even heard of this problem...
I guess money order is your best bet or open another paypal account with a different cc number which is not a bad idea as I think you'll want to use paypal in the future too. How are you intending to pay MAC if I may ask? I know they don't have direct cc transactions.
elcoholic Wrote:I guess money order is your best bet or open another paypal account with a different cc number which is not a bad idea as I think you'll want to use paypal in the future too. How are you intending to pay MAC if I may ask? I know they don't have direct cc transactions.

Bank Wire Transfer or something like that from what he told me.
I've heard of being unable to take money out of a paypal account although the only thing you need to do is just confirm a bank account. Besides that how can you not send money via paypal?

Besides the methods already written just get a prepaid credit card. That otta work.
I've got an idea how bout you start buying R1 dvds!

Or are you to much of a cheapass to help support the companys that bring anime to the states or canada or whereever the hell you live?
Well it's been awhile, but the last time I looked http://www.bidpay.com can do what you want. You can charge your credit card and they will send the Seller either a Western Union money order or if they are in the US, deposit it directly into their bank account... course you also have to pay a fee for doing it this way... which the last time I used it, and it has been some time, was about $5 a transaction, but that may have changed or may have went to a set amount for whatever the total is. Anyway, it might be something you could look into.
Just to put it bluntly:

Suck it up and use money orders.

That's gonna be your only choice if you no longer wish to use paypal to buy from this site.
Find a friend with a paypal account. ^^
i spent all the money they'd let me without opening an acount with them or whatever. i don't really want to do that though....