Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Thanks for $hitting on my dreams.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of Xenosaga II for a long time, but because I am saving up money to take with me for spring break in two weeks, I can?t buy it yet. So I decided to check out reviews of it from different sites. It was total BS. I hate game reviewers; they should all burn in hell. Why? Because their jobs is based on their weak and non-universal opinion of a game and many times the reviewer will just not like something and point out all it?s flaws and seriously downplay it?s high points. And in contrast, they give something like Halo 2 a 10 when it is pretty much the same game as 1 with a few improvements. Whenever any other game would do that, they would bitch about it not being original enough; they should show some consistency or just STFU.

I read about 6 reviews of Xeno-2 before I gave up. The Game informer review basically said that the gameplay was dryer than last time, when the have made many upgrades to the system, WTF!!! Go back and replay the first game A-holes! That was the part I hated about the game, it was the story that was awesome, and the overly long cutscenes were the best way to handle its awesome story. Then I read the Gamepro review and they loved the gameplay but bitched about how the cutscenes were to long and gave it a 4/5 (the best score I?ve seen from a pro review). F*** those dumbasses, they should have never played the game if they were going to hate it for its play and delivery style. IGN makes the claim that its gameplay progression wasn?t enough; well I tell those F***ers to go read their own Halo 2 review.

I will now probably never read a game review again. It is now obvious to me that the opinion of the media doesn?t really mean $hit, and I?m sure some reviewers just go in to a game with hate in their heart and a pen in their hand, so F*** those bitches.
I believe game reviewers are paid off by people that's how games like Halo 2 get such high ratings. Your absolutely right Blight they always do seem to look at ALL The negatives and nothing else if they don't like the game. It's a simple thing called being biased *Cough* Bribed* Cough*
Yeah, I usually check user reviews at gamefaq or amazon.com. But for a game I'm already sure of buying (GT4) I won't read any reviews cause they spoil surprises or fuck up your fantasy about the game. Just make your own review at gamefaq when you've played it and mention all the other sites are wrong Wink
elcoholic Wrote:Yeah, I usually check user reviews at gamefaq or amazon.com. But for a game I'm already sure of buying (GT4) I won't read any reviews cause they spoil surprises or fuck up your fantasy about the game. Just make your own review at gamefaq when you've played it and mention all the other sites are wrong Wink

Why waste time writing reviews for video games. If people are dumb enough to actually listen to those sites than that's their problem.
Sometimes the reviews I've seen are ones I actuall agree with. *cough* Unlimited Saga... *cough* I think all reviews these days are bought not earned. Go look at the editors of the review sites.... look for the name Hsu, he is the video game review whore. This is common as one reviewer writes reviews for several sites. I hate reviews 99% of the time.
Um, I think Halo 2 deserves at least a 9.5. Not a 10, but only because the graphics are TOO GOOD for the system. They don't always load on time. Other than that they made improvements in every area. I think I still like Halo 1's mutiplayer more but Halo 2 did even improve that, even if I don't personally like it as much. And reviews (from game informer at least) are almost always fair and accurate. The only review i've disagreed with them a LOT is their tekken/virtua fighter reviews. It's irritating to me that they love virtua fighter but only kinda like tekken. Tekken takes so much more skill to play...
Cidien Wrote:Um, I think Halo 2 deserves at least a 9.5. Not a 10, but only because the graphics are TOO GOOD for the system. They don't always load on time. Other than that they made improvements in every area. I think I still like Halo 1's mutiplayer more but Halo 2 did even improve that, even if I don't personally like it as much. And reviews (from game informer at least) are almost always fair and accurate. The only review i've disagreed with them a LOT is their tekken/virtua fighter reviews. It's irritating to me that they love virtua fighter but only kinda like tekken. Tekken takes so much more skill to play...

I have a subscription to GI and I have disagreed with a ton of things they haven't liked. For example, they didn't really like Soul Caliber 2. While they didn't hate on it, they only gave it like an 8.5 and that is BS. They don't particularly like Old School games, and they are somewhat inconsistent with the things that they grip about. Most of the time when I DO actually agree with something they (or any other reviewer for that matter) say, it is an awful excuse for a game, and it is always easy to see a stray piece of trash in a basket of fruit (basket of fruit, that was a weak analogy Sad ).
Blight Wrote:I have a subscription to GI and I have disagreed with a ton of things they haven't liked. For example, they didn't really like Soul Caliber 2. While they didn't hate on it, they only gave it like an 8.5 and that is BS. They don't particularly like Old School games, and they are somewhat inconsistent with the things that they grip about. Most of the time when I DO actually agree with something they (or any other reviewer for that matter) say, it is an awful excuse for a game, and it is always easy to see a stray piece of trash in a basket of fruit (basket of fruit, that was a weak analogy Sad ).
Most game reviewers are 40-year old men still living in their parents basements beating it to lingerie ads or highschoolers who haven't seen sunlight in like 10 years. Not only do their opinions not matter, but they also find it fun to bitch about everything. I'd like nothing more than to lead them off of a cliff by telling them that I have a copy of Halo 3 Big Grin .
onizuka17711 Wrote:I'd like nothing more than to lead them off of a cliff by telling them that I have a copy of Halo 3 Big Grin .

he he he that just might work too Big Grin
anyway on the topic of Xenosaga i just d/l the anime series and am upto ep 7...yet to watch them though

indeed the backlog is horrendous

NB game reviews differ so much from mag to mag and site to site best way is to rent it and see...or rent it and copy it....oh errr mee scurvy kerrrr Wink
onizuka17711 Wrote:Most game reviewers are 40-year old men still living in their parents basements beating it to lingerie ads or highschoolers who haven't seen sunlight in like 10 years. Not only do their opinions not matter, but they also find it fun to bitch about everything. I'd like nothing more than to lead them off of a cliff by telling them that I have a copy of Halo 3 Big Grin .

That would work and the world would be a better place. Just do one more thing take the movie critics off the cliff too...
Alright, I'll tell them I've got the prequel to Star Wars (as in before 1).
onizuka17711 Wrote:Alright, I'll tell them I've got the prequel to Star Wars (as in before 1).

Mwahahhaahaha...The World would be a MUCH better place without critics.
Puppet Master Wrote:Mwahahhaahaha...The World would be a MUCH better place without critics.
I wouldn't go that far, I just think I need to be the only critic & have everyone agree with me 100%, then we would all be happy....RIGHT????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p Big Grin :p Big Grin
Blight Wrote:I have a subscription to GI and I have disagreed with a ton of things they haven't liked. For example, they didn't really like Soul Caliber 2. While they didn't hate on it, they only gave it like an 8.5 and that is BS. They don't particularly like Old School games, and they are somewhat inconsistent with the things that they grip about. Most of the time when I DO actually agree with something they (or any other reviewer for that matter) say, it is an awful excuse for a game, and it is always easy to see a stray piece of trash in a basket of fruit (basket of fruit, that was a weak analogy Sad ).

Um, an 8.5 by game informer standards is a pretty damn good game. No idea why you're bitching. Personally I don't think it deserves more than an 8.
Pages: 1 2